Silver quarter, "I am your Father, Luke", and the fork bracelet.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a few hours today, hit a old house in town. This was once one of the nicest houses in town, and pretty much is again. But there was a time in the middle where it was very run down, so much so that the current owner said they found a car in the yard when they went to clean it up, and everybody had forgot it was there. Anyway, he warned me that there had been a lot of groundwork done and that it might be hard to find anything. Found a 1920 wheat pretty quick, added some clad, couple of Matchbox cars/planes, and junk. Got a signal at about 8 inches, 80-82 range. Dug it up and out popped a 1942 nickel, wasn't thinking and started to refill the hole. Wrong, VDI and tone both said that wasn't the target. Correct, out popped a 1938 quarter and a rusty nail. Found a ring later, looks aluminum. Also the golden Darth Vader, heavy sucker. Not much else to speak of.

DSCF1258.JPG DSCF1259.JPG DSCF1260.JPG DSCF1261.JPG

Yesterday yielded 3 wheats (including a 1910), a no date Buff and a 1898 IHC. Clad and lots of trash.

DSCF1262.JPG

Listing a few finds from other small hunts over the last month. Wheats, the fork bracelet, another IHC (1891 I believe) a V-Nickel (not pictured), buttons and the little fish pin, marked Sterling.

DSCF1263.JPG DSCF1265.JPG DSCF1266.JPG DSCF1267.JPG DSCF1268.JPG DSCF1263.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting fork bracelet. I've seen plenty of rings made out of the handles, but I guess that's the first time I've ever seen the whole thing used like that. It could be that I just don't get out enough

OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting fork bracelet. I've seen plenty of rings made out of the handles, but I guess that's the first time I've ever seen the whole thing used like that. It could be that I just don't get out enough

Yeah, well I had never even heard of one before. Just thought it was a bracelet when I dug it, didn't realize it was made from a fork till I got home. Not silver btw.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. Never heard of a fork bracelet either. Unique find.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if that the sterling fish might be related to WHADIFIND's little fishy.:laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Great silver fish! The bracelet looks like it would hurt. Ouch! Lol!
There"s enough weird stuff to keep us busy out there for a Looooong time!! GL. HH!

That emblem looks like a Lincoln ford old one.

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Golden Darth Vader toy might be worth a little bit, If it's from the original toys that came out when the first movie came out.Might be one that is hard to find for collectors ,didn't see that one when I looked.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird mix of finds , gotta luv it ! A Rocket Oldsmobile emblem , the fork bracelet is different as the sterling dolphin pin

.8-) Did you clean up Darth Vader ? Like to see whats under all the caked on crud . Good Hunting davey

sgt tee

Dec 2, 2014
N.E.Pa.
Detector(s) used
1.Whites XLT

2.Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea lets see Darth cleaned up

OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, as requested, pics of Vader. He looked better dirty. Gold coloring is coming off, and the metal underneath is badly corroded. Anyway, it is dated 1995 LFL. Neat find, but I doubt it has any value. DSCF1270.JPG DSCF1271.JPG

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fork bracelets are not uncommon - google it if you want to see some really intricate ones! That fish is ADORABLE!!! But what is the seahorse thingey?

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, as requested, pics of Vader. He looked better dirty. Gold coloring is coming off, and the metal underneath is badly corroded. Anyway, it is dated 1995 LFL. Neat find, but I doubt it has any value. View attachment 1090074 View attachment 1090075

I was going to say that was about when I got a set of Star Wars figures like that that were key chains. I recognized it even when it was dirty. Cool find, but unlike of much value.

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Well, as requested, pics of Vader. He looked better dirty. Gold coloring is coming off, and the metal underneath is badly corroded. Anyway, it is dated 1995 LFL. Neat find, but I doubt it has any value.

Too bad Vader looks so bad... So if it has no value toss it out... specifically my way, across the pond, in a small christmas package! Hahahaha!

Next one could be a real gold one, overall, nice finds.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver quarter and that Darth Vader is pretty neat!!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like all those finds, great hunt, good digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread