Silver quarter, "I am your Father, Luke", and the fork bracelet.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a few hours today, hit a old house in town. This was once one of the nicest houses in town, and pretty much is again. But there was a time in the middle where it was very run down, so much so that the current owner said they found a car in the yard when they went to clean it up, and everybody had forgot it was there. Anyway, he warned me that there had been a lot of groundwork done and that it might be hard to find anything. Found a 1920 wheat pretty quick, added some clad, couple of Matchbox cars/planes, and junk. Got a signal at about 8 inches, 80-82 range. Dug it up and out popped a 1942 nickel, wasn't thinking and started to refill the hole. Wrong, VDI and tone both said that wasn't the target. Correct, out popped a 1938 quarter and a rusty nail. Found a ring later, looks aluminum. Also the golden Darth Vader, heavy sucker. Not much else to speak of.

DSCF1258.JPG DSCF1259.JPG DSCF1260.JPG DSCF1261.JPG

Yesterday yielded 3 wheats (including a 1910), a no date Buff and a 1898 IHC. Clad and lots of trash.

DSCF1262.JPG

Listing a few finds from other small hunts over the last month. Wheats, the fork bracelet, another IHC (1891 I believe) a V-Nickel (not pictured), buttons and the little fish pin, marked Sterling.

DSCF1263.JPG DSCF1265.JPG DSCF1266.JPG DSCF1267.JPG DSCF1268.JPG DSCF1263.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13
OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fork bracelets are not uncommon - google it if you want to see some really intricate ones! That fish is ADORABLE!!! But what is the seahorse thingey?

Wow. You weren't kidding about fork bracelets. Some of them are just beautiful.

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure. It may actually be a dragon. Its a decorative plate off of something. In one of my coffee cans of stuff that needs cleaned up over the winter.

My kids dragged me to lots of aquariums - sea horse, with seaweed. I was wondering if it could be silver as it's pretty detailed! (some sea horses are called sea dragons -they are my favorite - look like plants)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread