Silver... Silver...Silver & Nickel Silver

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Met up with car91rs yesterday and had a good day... First hit a low tone but a keeper... It turned out to be buckle with some nice detail. Cleaned up a little once at home. At first, I was sure it was silver after locating some writing on the reverse side. What I thought it said "Hickock Silver" turned out to be "Nickel Silver" lol... I should have know as soon as I saw silver marked on it. Most if not all the silver found at the honey hole says Sterling... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419560880.666240.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419560898.615756.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419560915.132660.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419560932.016193.jpg
I continued to hit a flat area of the dump which has been overly generous in the past while waiting for car91rs who at this time was at a different part of the dump site following his gut feel... Immediately after text'g car91rs a pic of my buckle I get a nice high tone in the 84 range and pull out a 1948s Rosie dime. Just like a good friend you know I have to send him another pic of my silver. He must've found something good cause he didn't respond to my pic. Lol! Just before finishing up wouldn't you know it, I dig a pretty 1935s Merc dime. Now that's what I'm talking about!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419561473.615589.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419561563.465346.jpg
Well, since I had a good day yesterday I decided to sneak out for an hr, and I'm glad I did. Found silver again!!!!! Like someone put it before, "you have to love a dump where they threw money!" Lol

Found another merc dime and a captains bar pin from either WWI or WWII stamped Sterling... Another good day! Enjoy
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419561836.468088.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419561847.884499.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419561868.900571.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds congrats on the silver scores and thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks pong! Just when you think you can't squeeze anything else from this site the silver pops out in pairs, lol.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds. Silver galore. GL&HH.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome silver finds! WTG! Congrats!
Looks like your spot was giving you Christmas presents!
Maybe he was looking for another "dancing partner", you didn't hear any yelping did you? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Awesome silver finds! WTG! Congrats!
Looks like your spot was giving you Christmas presents!
Maybe he was looking for another "dancing partner", you didn't hear any yelping did you? :laughing7:

Lol, no yelping or shouts of SNAKE! I have to say this place has been a blessing for many of us. We've invited people which we've met on Tnet to hunt with us and they've been lucky enough to walk away with a little silver and other goodies in the past. We've also made good friends on here and really have to thank Tnet for making it all possible. Its a great site for information, now if i could only find that KG/large cent on this side of the Mississippi it would make my year and Bday

Enjoy the pics, and as long as the dirt keeps giving I will be posting!

Happy New Year

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday to you !

It is always amazing what comes out of the dirt, things we weren't expecting, so the KG LC may very well be there!
I enjoy your posts immensely!
For one reason or another sometimes I don't get out, and your posts keep me focused on what's out there, waiting. GL. HH! Keep posting pics!

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Birthday to you !

It is always amazing what comes out of the dirt, things we weren't expecting, so the KG LC may very well be there!
I enjoy your posts immensely!
For one reason or another sometimes I don't get out, and your posts keep me focused on what's out there, waiting. GL. HH! Keep posting pics!

Thank you...! Bday is New Years Eve, hopefully I'll find it on that day, lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions