Upvote 6

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pressure is on, finding Silver every hunt is awesome! Keep it up, one more and you'll tie my personal best of 10 hunts straight with Silver. Best of luck hoping you break it! CONGRATS

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a park for 20 minutes today. 10 minutes in I hit a 12-44/45, which then dropped to a 12-41. I thought to myself it's better to clean an old wheatie tonight than nothing an dug right in. Bang! Another Merc! Maybe it was on its side?

Happy hunting

I was in east orange today..How the hell did you dig?? It was freaking cold and frozon..Oh nice find by the way..lol
George

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I was in east orange today..How the hell did you dig?? It was freaking cold and frozon..Oh nice find by the way..lol George
Hey George you're right. Frozen solid. I have a Lesche t handle shovel and put all of my weight on the shovel. Even then I only have the energy to dig a few holes since it's so labor intensive. Each hole takes 10 minutes. I've just been waiting for a perfect signal and ignoring all else. BTW - That CTX is one amazing machine. I've gone insane with silver!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job bud. Quite the roll you're on man. I'm lucky to find any coin every hunt much less silver. Hope this continues and they get older and older....or they say 1916 D

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great streak!, one of my last hunts of '14 was like that, ground frozen first 2 inches, had to be very picky what targets I dug as it was so labor intensive

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job bud. Quite the roll you're on man. I'm lucky to find any coin every hunt much less silver. Hope this continues and they get older and older....or they say 1916 D

1916d? Abe I gotta one up ya with something better than that!

I look at these silvers as surviving the winter, but this streak is pretty exciting and unexpected. Too bad there's two snows forecasted and more sub- freezing temps. That'll be it for a while.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1916d? Abe I gotta one up ya with something better than that!

I look at these silvers as surviving the winter, but this streak is pretty exciting and unexpected. Too bad there's two snows forecasted and more sub- freezing temps. That'll be it for a while.

I sincerely hope you do brother. I picked the 16d cause it's valuable but I'm in it for the super early historical items. This season im looking for that NE Shilling. Now that is both valuable and historical. One just auctioned for $465,000. I thought for a minute that the cob I dig might be one. If I had dug those two coins I certainly would have died on the spot lol.
Hey what's the earliest settlement in your area?

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I sincerely hope you do brother. I picked the 16d cause it's valuable but I'm in it for the super early historical items. This season im looking for that NE Shilling. Now that is both valuable and historical. One just auctioned for $465,000. I thought for a minute that the cob I dig might be one. If I had dug those two coins I certainly would have died on the spot lol. Hey what's the earliest settlement in your area?

Earliest is tough to call really. I would say mid-1600's. Most everything really old here is built over and destroyed. Or not. But I'll find out...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
impressive, congrats

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrappy , perhaps you should backpack a plumbers torch into these locations and warm them up a bit prior to digging. Park maintenance,
might have a problem with it though .

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit a park for 20 minutes today. 10 minutes in I hit a 12-44/45, which then dropped to a 12-41. I thought to myself it's better to clean an old wheatie tonight than nothing an dug right in. Bang! Another Merc! Maybe it was on its side?

Happy hunting

Nice streak. Keep it up. Hope the weather cooperates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread