Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Are you referring to this?
"Drake's Cimarron's spies informed him that three pack trains of bullion, with 190 mules each was headed to Nombre de Diós and was scheduled to arrive there on April 1st.. He quickly got a force together of fifteen Englishmen, Twenty Frenchmen and some Cimarron's on March 30th, and landed his force near Nombre de Diós. He stationed his force in the jungle, about a mile back from the town, along the Los Camino Real. They were able to capture the mule train, after some heaving fighting, and made off with all the treasure they could carry. They were upset at leaving about fifteen tons of silver bars. After reaching their ships, and dividing the treasure among all present, the set sail back to England. They arrived in Plymouth on Sunday, August 9, 1573."

OP
OP
O

originalpanama

May 1, 2009
yes is like MACKAYDON say history about the ambush to the sapaniards near NOMBRE DE DIOS town
he, DRAKE, and the french pirate LE TESTU attack finnaly the mules carrying the gold and the silver from PERU that
spaniards they gonna send to Spain from the galleons parked in NOMBRE DE DIOS BAY 190 MULES¡
when DRAKE attack the mules about 1 1/2 OR 2 LEAGUES SPANIARS RUN TO NOMBRE DE DIOS REACHING HELP
LE Testu WHO WAS SHOT IN THE STOMACH AND DIE THEY TOOK A LOT GOLD BARS AND SILVER BARS AND COINCarrying thru the jungle to the rio CUANGO bay now where they ships are. MORE THAN 20 KILOMETERS
BUT theres was no more than 50 pirates and more than 25 TONS of silver bars,and gold and coins more
they buried silver bars and coins in a river and near the river in crab holes and trees.
When i say PARTNERS is because i want to have friends interesting in the case and someday with the appropiate and
sophisticated
equipment we can reach again the place and make a book. there ones THE LOST TREASURE OF Sir francis drake
by JOHN TRHOWER I NEED MAP DOWSING FRIENDS TO VALIDATE MY STUDIES, MORE FRIENDS
are required to check again the map and if the can identifiied the place as i do
i send you the map trhu internet for dowsing FREE if somebody wish. I found mules herraduras pieces of spanish
ceramic nails for mules and a piece of knife.
best regards
jose garcia de la torre

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The historical connection of Drake is well known but IMO very few realize the importance of Le Testu. Among his credits is that he is recognized as a distinquished cartographer, and the earliest navigator to discover Australia.
Don....

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
If you pull up 'nombre de Dios' you will find enormous treasures from Peru
was brought here to be shipped to Spain. In the wet season it was a miserable
place to be. Mothers with child had to move to higher ground as the mortality
of children was almost 100% until the age on ten. It was called the "graveyard
of the Spaniards due to it's unhealthy state.
Many ships were lost to Caribbean storms in the bay. The treasure trail that
led from the Pacific was 50 miles long and 9 feet wide. Solid jungle on both
sides. So we have probable caches and unbelievable conditions to work in.
Don't sign me up.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Lastleg you forgot to mention that Panama has this small green viper snake that is deadly piosionous. One bite and you're dead within minutes!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I said that you can google nombre de Dios you will find that the Peruvian gold
and gems were shipped to Panama and transpoted over the Ithmus to nombre
de Dios and loaded on galleons for shipment to Spain. This is documented from
the 1500s. Sir Francis Drake, who hated Spain and Catholicism, attacked a mule
train of treasure, looted from native tribes in S. America, hoping to send it to
England. His forces got more loot than they could carry and had to abandon a
fortune in mostly silver bars.

Salvor said I forgot to mention deadly vipers in my post.

I hope this answers your question, Fla-Gal.

lastleg

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Originalpanama

If you're looking for partner, send me a PM. I speak your language so we can understand each other better than,.... I got information about that area of Panama and Nombre de Dios, San Andres, Providence, etc.

Arch

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drake also jettisoned 45 tons of silver bars he couldn't carry into a harbor - you could have made a living being his garbage collector!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isla de Plata.

Sorry for the tardy post.

ayahuasca

Greenie
Dec 15, 2009
the Spanish Main
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab E-trac, Tesoro Sandshark, Pulse Star Pro 2, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
originalpanama said:
i am looking for partners to look inside SIR FRANCIS DRAKE lost 1573 treasure
at nombre de dios i have the map for dowsing.
also i must contact my friend in AUSTRALIA WHO STAY WITH ME IN THE ZONE
IN 1995 LET ME KNOW I KNOW A LOT ABOUT THIS TREASURE

Hola Jose, not sure about the dowsing (!) but I have spent a lot of time exploring that particular area and know it very well. Feel free to email me if you would like more info.

Saludos

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've searched around Nombre de Dios as well and am returning soon. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know.

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Panama and Nombre De Dios and it is a dangerous área, in Colon, you would need someone familiar with the área, and a group of
more than two would be advisable for security reasons, bandits.

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I can only speak from my experience having lived in Panama for 4 years and having detected near Nombre de Dios myself probably north of a dozen times. Colon city has been dangerous for a long, long time but we're not talking about Colon. Colon is far from Nombre de Dios (35 minutes by car) and to compare the one area with the other is really reaching (apples and oranges). I would agree it is advisable to go with someone familiar with the area and never detect anywhere alone in Panama. Basic precautions and common sense are always necessary anywhere in Panama (or any Latin American country for that matter).

The sweet spots of historical significance are outside of the city proper of Nombre de Dios and you would be lucky to come across anyone, let alone a bandit. If anyone wants to come along the next time my friends and I go on a hunt there, let me know through pm. We typically follow the Camino Real trail south- It's absolutely breath-taking scenery, fantastic rolling hills that is now cattle country, numerous picturesque rivers, until you get to the jungle. You would need to be in reasonable shape to deal with the humidity and rough terrain. And in the rainy season, you're dealing with daily torrential downpours. The things we do for lost treasure! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions