Site for Exploration in Deering Canyon

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Robert L. Kesselring, author of "Reading Peralta Maps: Vol. 1 & 2", and "Finding the Peralta Treasures", a five-part series of articles, which can be found at:

https://www.desertusa.com/lost-dutchman/peralta-stones1/peralta-stones1.html

has noted an interesting site worthy of some exploration. The Google Earth images I captured as screenshots, and Mr. Kesselring's photo of the site, show its location in Deering Canyon, as well as some closer-up ground detail.

In Mr. Kesselring's photo, I've highlighted the primary anomaly with a red ellipse, and a secondary anomaly with an orange ellipse. As Mr. Kesselring points out in his DesertUSA Summary page, the primary anomaly appears to be a rectangular excavation surrounded by vegetation. The secondary anomaly, as I see it, seems to be a circular pit.

If anyone can make the trip to this site, and can share their observations, complete with photos, it would be much appreciated. I think making the effort would not be a waste of time. I must add, however, that such a trip would be at least three days in duration, at an absolute minimum.

If it is not possible to reach the rectangular excavation, and see what is inside it, the next best approach would be to take photos from the opposite side of the canyon. To do this with good results, the sun must be located such that the canyon ledge that is being photographed is not concealed by shadows.

005.jpg

006.jpg

anomaly.jpg

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Skyhawk,

Kesselring also found millimeter grains of gold not far from there and that's an interesting spot you've posited but surely that's been trod upon by many people over the last 100 years. Worth a look though!!

-Dusty

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Robert L. Kesselring, author of "Reading Peralta Maps: Vol. 1 & 2", and "Finding the Peralta Treasures", a five-part series of articles, which can be found at:

https://www.desertusa.com/lost-dutchman/peralta-stones1/peralta-stones1.html

has noted an interesting site worthy of some exploration. The Google Earth images I captured as screenshots, and Mr. Kesselring's photo of the site, show its location in Deering Canyon, as well as some closer-up ground detail.

In Mr. Kesselring's photo, I've highlighted the primary anomaly with a red ellipse, and a secondary anomaly with an orange ellipse. As Mr. Kesselring points out in his DesertUSA Summary page, the primary anomaly appears to be a rectangular excavation surrounded by vegetation. The secondary anomaly, as I see it, seems to be a circular pit.

If anyone can make the trip to this site, and can share their observations, complete with photos, it would be much appreciated. I think making the effort would not be a waste of time. I must add, however, that such a trip would be at least three days in duration, at an absolute minimum.

If it is not possible to reach the rectangular excavation, and see what is inside it, the next best approach would be to take photos from the opposite side of the canyon. To do this with good results, the sun must be located such that the canyon ledge that is being photographed is not concealed by shadows.

View attachment 1651677

View attachment 1651678

View attachment 1651679
most people around here dont think much of kesserlings theories

OP
OP
skyhawk1251

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy Skyhawk,

Kesselring also found millimeter grains of gold not far from there and that's an interesting spot you've posted but surely that's been trod upon by many people over the last 100 years. Worth a look though!!

-Dusty

Someone surely has been to that ledge, otherwise that excavation would not be there. Recreational hikers would not bother to explore that ledge. They are simply interested in getting from Point A to Point B, and having a cold beer afterwards. Exploring that ledge would take a good measure of motivation and effort. It is worth exploring, even if nothing of significance is there, just to prove that nothing is there, and then to pass on the information to all who are interested. Doing that could save somone some time and money. And I always say that a day spent roaming the desert is better than spending the day watching TV.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Someone surely has been to that ledge, otherwise that excavation would not be there. Recreational hikers would not bother to explore that ledge. They are simply interested in getting from Point A to Point B, and having a cold beer afterwards. Exploring that ledge would take a good measure of motivation and effort. It is worth exploring, even if nothing of significance is there, just to prove that nothing is there, and then to pass on the information to all who are interested. Doing that could save somone some time and money. And I always say that a day spent roaming the desert is better than spending the day watching TV.
someone that has been to that area has already responded to this post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions