Slamming Day in Philadelphia, LC, Half Cent, huge silver pendant, silver coins,wheats

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, finally got myself down to Philadelphia to meet up with Vino, Carolina Tom, and Smittyman, I was supposed to work today but I came down with a case of (old-coin-itis), look it up, its real! lol!! As I began my 100 mile drive, things weren't looking so great and I thought to myself "maybe I shouldn't have called off" 20150608_063800.jpg once I got to philly it was like the rain just shut off and cleared out for a perfect day of detecting. After meeting CT and Smittyman we met up with Vino at the 1915 school nice and early and got right to it. Pretty quickly I nabbed the beautifully big/heavy sterling religious pendant. I was pulling a lot of early clad and finally hit on some wheats, dug 28 wheats today! worked up towards the school a bit and managed the extra crispy Large cent at about 8" worked along the front of the school for a while and went over to BS with Tom and Vino, smittyman wandered off around the corner to another abandoned school. was talking while swinging and got a beautiful 12-46 at about 4 inches that sounded sweet and had the guys listen to it with their deus and low and behold after they both said copper penny I get this sweet SLQ w/o a date, I was surprised at that! heres the take from the first trip to the school: 20150608_131622.jpg shortly later we left for lunch and tried a little door knocking and we realized quickly we were gonna be driving a while so we tried a park for a short time then right back to the school. I picked up right where I left off in the same area of the school and popped wheat after wheat, then a merc, a few more wheats, then the roosie, then a little later the cool swastika token 20150608_175228.jpg and finally the find of the day for me 1810 Half Cent, 20150608_180819.jpg that predates the school by 105 years! Its my best condition half cent yet, heres the take from trip #2 to the school, 20150608_185211.jpg today was an awesome day with great company, it was nice to share the fun with George and those Carolina Boys, made the day awesome!, thanks for looking and hh!! 20150608_222916.jpg 20150608_224755.jpg 20150608_231310.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 27
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Cjon :occasion14: on the great series of hunts !! Love that large medallion ! Many "likeable" finds there 8-) Thanks for sharing :metaldetector: :treasurechest:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cjon :occasion14: on the great series of hunts !! Love that large medallion ! Many "likeable" finds there 8-) Thanks for sharing :metaldetector: :treasurechest:

Thank you CARM, something enjoyable about plucking keepers out of trashy un suspecting spots!

Zakurie84

Jun 24, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome hunt! Some good stuff there!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom the whole "sit in the truck for 30 minute" penalty was pretty damn funny

I don't know how you guys even got any hunting in. I would have been too busy laughing!
Btw Chris, you got 28 wheats and I only have 29 all year long!

Last edited:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeepers, what a pile of killer digs! You must be thrilled with that half cent, and nice job on your first silver quarter for the year.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I'm allowed to say is......

View attachment 1173435
lol only you tyler lol!!!!!

I don't know how you guys even got any hunting in. I would have been too busy laughing!
Btw Chris, you got 28 wheats and I only have 29 all year long!
Keep your head up there dave, its been a slow year around here, cant stay that way all year!

Jeepers, what a pile of killer digs! You must be thrilled with that half cent, and nice job on your first silver quarter for the year.
Thanks JC, I was pumped to have a quarter finally and even more pumped when I saw it was a SLQ, took freakin long enough to finally get one though lol!!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great day with friends and all did very well. Some really cool digs...I can't imagine what is in the water up there...

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day with friends and all did very well. Some really cool digs...I can't imagine what is in the water up there...
Thanks OBN, hunting with the three of em made it really cool, And as far as the water is concerned, id love to find out too!
You and Treblehunter have made me want to get my atpro in the water now that I have the etrac I don't care about getting
it wet, itll never be a saltwater machine but I think I can manage a few in the lakes near me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread