Slamming Day in Philadelphia, LC, Half Cent, huge silver pendant, silver coins,wheats

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, finally got myself down to Philadelphia to meet up with Vino, Carolina Tom, and Smittyman, I was supposed to work today but I came down with a case of (old-coin-itis), look it up, its real! lol!! As I began my 100 mile drive, things weren't looking so great and I thought to myself "maybe I shouldn't have called off" 20150608_063800.jpg once I got to philly it was like the rain just shut off and cleared out for a perfect day of detecting. After meeting CT and Smittyman we met up with Vino at the 1915 school nice and early and got right to it. Pretty quickly I nabbed the beautifully big/heavy sterling religious pendant. I was pulling a lot of early clad and finally hit on some wheats, dug 28 wheats today! worked up towards the school a bit and managed the extra crispy Large cent at about 8" worked along the front of the school for a while and went over to BS with Tom and Vino, smittyman wandered off around the corner to another abandoned school. was talking while swinging and got a beautiful 12-46 at about 4 inches that sounded sweet and had the guys listen to it with their deus and low and behold after they both said copper penny I get this sweet SLQ w/o a date, I was surprised at that! heres the take from the first trip to the school: 20150608_131622.jpg shortly later we left for lunch and tried a little door knocking and we realized quickly we were gonna be driving a while so we tried a park for a short time then right back to the school. I picked up right where I left off in the same area of the school and popped wheat after wheat, then a merc, a few more wheats, then the roosie, then a little later the cool swastika token 20150608_175228.jpg and finally the find of the day for me 1810 Half Cent, 20150608_180819.jpg that predates the school by 105 years! Its my best condition half cent yet, heres the take from trip #2 to the school, 20150608_185211.jpg today was an awesome day with great company, it was nice to share the fun with George and those Carolina Boys, made the day awesome!, thanks for looking and hh!! 20150608_222916.jpg 20150608_224755.jpg 20150608_231310.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 27
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I bet the half cent will look great cleaned! Beautiful
thanks!, It cleaned up ok, lost a little detail bUT that's ok

Looks like You had a Great Day! :thumbsup:
oh I had a blast! Thank you

Great day?? That's a great YEAR for some hunters!! Congrats on what sounds like an awesome day for you all!!

-- Jeff --
thanks jeff!, very interesting place we hit, looked like a wasteland but it turned out great

I like all the Silver...I found the same Medallion when I first started hunting,haven't stopped since.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
thanks!, it's heavy and gave a slamming signal! Thought it was a half!

One thing I noticed in your post is that token from excelsior shoe company for Boy scout shoes.These have been surfacing a lot lately. Your posts are always good to look at.Keep up the good work.You must still be exhausted from all that digging. Let me help you sometime.
thanks, that's a first for me, I thought it was pretty cool!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt, like the good luck token found one three years ago...Congrats..

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt:thumbsup:Great silver:occasion14: Awesome half cent:notworthy: Love the token:love10: I like finding any pre ww2 that has that on it. When it actually meant something good . Wow:rocks3::rocks:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt:thumbsup:Great silver:occasion14: Awesome half cent:notworthy: Love the token:love10: I like finding any pre ww2 that has that on it. When it actually meant something good . Wow:rocks3::rocks:

Awesome hunt, like the good luck token found one three years ago...Congrats..

Thanks alot guys, I really like that token, haven't seen one before, the half cent and large cent were a surprise, way older than the 1915 school!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 1915 School???
And KG111s, 1803 ans 1810, half cents, 1859 IHs, silver jewelry, Merks, 1850s sling buckle, flat buttons, and LCs..
Wow, wow wow!!!!!
You killed it yesterday, great job.
Ps, thanks for giving up the spot...lol.
George

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 1915 School???
And KG111s, 1803 ans 1810, half cents, 1859 IHs, silver jewelry, Merks, 1850s sling buckle, flat buttons, and LCs..
Wow, wow wow!!!!!
George

Thanks george, that place is so unsuspecting, very cool!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Say what? That they're good guys? Lol
they had a lot to say about you too lol
just kidding!

'Bout me?! Lol. If they're saying I'm a silver kingpin then they'll find themselves wearing silver shoes!

When you're done with the school tell me where it is and I'll let you know if you missed any! Lol.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A 1915 School???
Wow, wow wow!!!!!
George

I enjoy those surprises. I searched a house once that was built in 1890 and started finding LC's. A 1832, 1834, and 1851 later I investigated. Turned out there was a place there before dating to 1834. On old ground you just never know...

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you're done with the school tell me where it is and I'll let you know if you missed any! Lol.
I am not at liberty to disclose that information.........

Just kidding, it's in Pennsylvania :laughing7:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Awww that's cool. And to think I wanted to invite you to one of my colonial spots soon!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very good hunt! We don't find too many coins down here so excited for y'all to find that many in one hunt! Really like that token. Very very cool! Congrats

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, the emblem on the reverse of that token is a good luck sign and not a swastika.Still that is a fantastic hunt there.Wish I was there!!!!!!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, congrats on the 1810 half cent and Excelsior Shoe good luck token. I dug one of those a long time ago when I first started. I like digging the 1809 and 1810 half cents. They have large, bold dates. Your silver finds are nice too, especially the religious medal. I have never found a silver one that large.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And once again we have ST.CHRISTOPER making his annual showing, I bet some ones hands are sore after all that digging,vanzutphen

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good hunt! We don't find too many coins down here so excited for y'all to find that many in one hunt! Really like that token. Very very cool! Congrats
it was cool to see some of the finds those guys made during their trip that they would've otherwise not had the chance to get!

Congrats on the half cent- still trying to dig my first.
thanks!, It was alot of fun, down about 8 inches

Nice hunt, congrats on the 1810 half cent and Excelsior Shoe good luck token. I dug one of those a long time ago when I first started. I like digging the 1809 and 1810 half cents. They have large, bold dates. Your silver finds are nice too, especially the religious medal. I have never found a silver one that large.
thanks steve, makes ya wonder how the heck someone loses a medallion that big!

And once again we have ST.CHRISTOPER making his annual showing, I bet some ones hands are sore after all that digging,vanzutphen
thanks!, I was happy to dig that sucker!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tyler, you have way to much time on your hands!!! Lol.
Missing your hunting buddy huh?
Well im more then happy to give him back!! Lol

Since u have the time...What do my spots look like Tyler?

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT