Small group park hunt in Dallas

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Today myself, Dustbuster and Bellapoison went to an older park in Dallas. We did not hit the woodchips, even though all three of us are newbs.

I was hunting in a very trashy area around some large old oaks, since there was no grass or sod to disturb. I pulled well over a hundred bottle caps, about a quarter as many pull tabs...

And one very nice 1935 Buffalo Nickle. This is my first ever. I had tried using my White's coinmaster classic but it was just too trashy. I pulled out the MD 3006 and it was squealing, but I dug everything.

I will post pics later. It was a great day and got to meet two other detectors from the area.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
It does feel a bit weird sometimes being one of the younger members of this hobby/sport.

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Libralabsoldier said:
It does feel a bit weird sometimes being one of the younger members of this hobby/sport.

Hey, I'm young too! ;D

I and my husband also had a great time MDing. Sadly our section of the park had almost NO bottlecaps. Can you believe it? I feel like we were stiffed. (We were flush with old-style pulltabs though!)

We only found a 9mm slug, the thumb wheel off a lighter and a clad penny. On our way home, we stopped at another nearby park, sifted the sand for a few minutes and found a couple more pennies and a jeans button.

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I was glad to meet Libralabsoldier and Bellapoison today. Happy to see that nice buffalo nickel come out of all that trash. Great job!!! I know there has to be more where that came from and probably even better tomorrow.
That is how we gain experience. I believe we'll find more silver to go with that tomorrow.
Dustbuster

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrates on the Buffalo, I hadn't even dug one when a bunch of us from the nightclub I worked at went camping up at Lake City in Colorado, and I showed a buddy how the detector worked. turned it on, and handed it to him. He swept the coil once, and found a Buff. Could have killed him right there. Yep, could have killed him.

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Glad to hear you folks got together!

I was hoping to play hooky, but couldn't swing it, maybe next trip.

Looking forward to pics.

Grip

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
Libralabsoldier said:
We did not hit the woodchips, even though all three of us are newbs.

Next time, do not neglect the tot lot. There's gold in them there woodchips! :wink:

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
nice find Texas park are very trashy, pull tabs and aluminium in general

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread