Small Town CRH Raid - 15oz goal

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, next week I am planning on raiding two small town routes. I am hoping it pays off with some old coin.

Monday will stay local. 2 banks, all dimes.

Tuesday will be local as well, 1 bank, 4 boxes of Brinks Halves

Wednesday will be somewhat local. Going North to pick up 6 Halves and shooting for $1000 in dimes and whatever CWR's I can grab. Doubt I could work in the North route as well as it shows 5 hours for 250 miles before any stops. I dont think I could sort and dump $6,000 in halves and $1000 in dimes and still manage the run.

My best runs have been in the 10,000 and less population cities. I am interested in seeing how they do. I am hoping that the hard economic times means people have dumped their coins they have been saving for a long time into the bank as CWR's.

Thursday will be the North Run.

City: population, # of banks (Bold are additions)

City 0: 329, 1 bank
City 0a: 2510, 2 banks
City 0b: 257, 1 bank

City 1: 4814, 3 banks
City 2: 5535, 2 banks
City 3: 14940, 4 Banks
City 4: 2725, 1 Bank
City 5: 208, 1 Bank
City 6: 784, 1 Bank
City 7: 4453, 3 banks
City 8: 4682, 3 Banks
City 9: 427, 1 bank
City 9a: 779, 1 Bank
City 9b: 249, 1 bank

City 10: 399, 1 bank
City 11: 284, 1 Bank
City 12: 2450, 3 banks
City 13: 1628, 2 Banks
City 14: 1064, 1 Bank
City 15: 2462, 2 Banks
City 16: 632, 2 Banks

Friday will be revisiting the 4 Solid Merc bank 1st, drop off some cookies in the morning and pick up all the CWR's they have while giving them unopened Brinks boxes as a replacement.

City 1: 10019, only hitting one of seven banks
City 2: 592, 1 bank
City 3: 4315, 3 Banks
City 4: 1090, 2 banks
City 5: 1028, 2 banks
City 6: 1780, 2 banks
City 7: 281, 1 bank
City 8: 4209, 4 banks
City 9: 1461, 1 bank
City 10: 67, 1 bank
City 11: 8327, 7 banks
City 12: 3775, 4 banks
City 13: 286, 1 bank
City 14: 162, 1 bank
City 15: 1314, 2 banks
City 16: 417, 1 bank
City 17: 507, 1 bank

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
creeper71 said:
SilverFace said:
you are a man with a plan - good luck.
you forgot to say an a man with some serious cash

I only have about $2500-$2700 to play with, some of the cities have banks that I am a member of so I can still dump part way through the trips. I search the coin and dump while on my trips so that is why I cant do Wednesday and Thursday together.

Wensday I hit bank 1, pick up 2 boxes of halves, 1 box of dimes, any CWR's they have.

I then dump at a Credit Union

Go to bank 2, pick up $1000 in halves.

Dump at bank I am member of.

Go to bank 3, pick up 2 boxes of halves, 1 box of dimes

Dump at another bank I am a member of ( all different dump banks ) While saving 1 box of dimes for Friday and pickup whatever rejects they have in their coin counter that they saved for me.

I wish I had serious cash, this could go faster. I will be spending 10 hours a day in the car hunting lol.

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck EE!

I am planning a run tomorrow. I hope we both strike "the mother lode"!!

H$H!!
TGB

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will be looking forward to hearing about your finds :thumbsup:

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you have it planned out well! I hope you fund 50oz!
I have ran out of places to go...any town within an hour of my house, I've went to atleast 3 times.
So I'm on to dimes!!
You should try to get halves...and if they don't have any then by dimes...and use the dime rolls to buy halves at the next bank! It's a dump and a pick up at once!
HH!

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.

Earl Nightingale

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
conleytheking said:
Looks like you have it planned out well! I hope you fund 50oz!
I have ran out of places to go...any town within an hour of my house, I've went to atleast 3 times.
So I'm on to dimes!!
You should try to get halves...and if they don't have any then by dimes...and use the dime rolls to buy halves at the next bank! It's a dump and a pick up at once!
HH!

If I used the dimes to buy the halves, the next round I go through, I would end up buying the CWR dimes again. I will just keep them and move them out of circulation. I doubt I would end up breaking the bank on dimes or halves before I got to a dump bank. If I did, than means my chances of finding silver would be good anyways and its a problem I would not mind having.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Day 1: All dimes day, I ended up hitting 4 banks for dimes as two were low and only gave me $270 bag and $50. So I hit two more, got $100 and $95 in CW.

The bank with the $50, netted me a Rosie right away, the rest were skunks.

The bank with the $95 I didnt expect anything from. I ended up getting a Merc, 2 Rosies and a 2007 Canadian Dime.

The $100 worth of CWR's netted me nothing but a shaved down penny.

The bag of $270 gave me nothing, this is the second skunk in a row from that bank.

103 Rolls worth of CWR's. 1 Merc and 3 Rosies, cant complain with that.

Now I have to wait 20 more hours for my 4 boxes of halves :read2:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
well, you found a few keepers today. It's going to be hard to ever top that dime score you had last week - that was a real dream score! But good luck on your return trip there - maybe you can find some more rolls like those you got last week.

I decided to take the same route home from work today that I did last Mon. and hit that same bank that I scored all those loaded cwr halves last Mon. Well, I was told that they did have some halves but the teller that had them (maybe the same teller from last week but I'm not sure) already left for the day. So, I'll just have to wait till later in the week. But I did get a '64 Ken from another bank - that was the only half they had so it was a 100% success. Those are nice easy scores. :)

I've also got 7 half boxes ordered for later this week myself. 2 of the boxes are from a new supply bank that I got 16 keepers from last weeks 2 boxes so I'm sure hoping for more of the same from there. :)

Good luck with your halves tomorrow too.

H$H!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what i do pick up and dump as i go!! :hello2: Good luck.....

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverFace said:
well, you found a few keepers today. It's going to be hard to ever top that dime score you had last week - that was a real dream score! But good luck on your return trip there - maybe you can find some more rolls like those you got last week.

I decided to take the same route home from work today that I did last Mon. and hit that same bank that I scored all those loaded cwr halves last Mon. Well, I was told that they did have some halves but the teller that had them (maybe the same teller from last week but I'm not sure) already left for the day. So, I'll just have to wait till later in the week. But I did get a '64 Ken from another bank - that was the only half they had so it was a 100% success. Those are nice easy scores. :)

I've also got 7 half boxes ordered for later this week myself. 2 of the boxes are from a new supply bank that I got 16 keepers from last weeks 2 boxes so I'm sure hoping for more of the same from there. :)

Good luck with your halves tomorrow too.

H$H!

Well, I am hoping that they will empty out all their dimes from the teller drawers, i will take all they have. Question is, do the have more of those older style wrappers? I hope so. Sadly, 4 more days before I can hit them up. It will be hard to top the dime score but you never know. I am hitting a plethora of small towns, I think those are going to be my bread and butter when it comes to the silver veins.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I had some interesting luck with dimes today myself. I got skunked with another box but I found a '63 Rosie from one single cwr that same bank had. It's just kind of ironoic because I've been mentioning lately that I've been thinking of giving up on the dime boxes and just get any cwr dimes I can find. It's almost like today's dimes were trying to send me clear message to convince me for sure. :tongue3:

So I did pretty good with customer coins today:

1 cw dime roll from one bank - '63 Rosie
1 loose half from the bank right next door - '64 Ken.

TG for clueless customers (& clueless tellers).

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverFace said:
I had some interesting luck with dimes today myself. I got skunked with another box but I found a '63 Rosie from one single cwr that same bank had. It's just kind of ironoic because I've been mentioning lately that I've been thinking of giving up on the dime boxes and just get any cwr dimes I can find. It's almost like today's dimes were trying to send me clear message to convince me for sure. :tongue3:

I am a CRW First and Everything else second. Its paid off.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, my 4 Boxes due today didnt show up. I am starting to think that they get deliveries only once every 2 weeks as that seems to be when my halves show up. I will have to ask next week when they show up and maybe order 8 boxes and pick up 4 and 4?

Anyways, I grabbed $12.50 out of the tellers trays of halves, to relieve them of their burden, spied what appeared to be dirty silver and sure enough, 69 Kennedy so at least today was not a skunk. :D I was rather saddened by the fact my 4 boxes were not here so I totally forgot to ask for any CRW's they had. I might head back down in a hour or two and ask them for all the CWR dimes, quarters, nickels and pennies that they have.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That stinks about your half boxes not coming in. At least you were able to find something from the trays.

I ordered 2 half boxes for Fri. from a new supply bank today and I also scored 2 40% halves and a '91S proof half from $5.50 loose that they had while I was there. So I should have 3 half boxes to p/u Wed., 2 boxes for Thurs., 2 boxes for Fri. plus about $360 in mwr halves from a CU (if they still have them) & 2 half boxes for Mon.. I also need to check with a bank on Thurs. that I had a nice cwr score last week.

Good luck with your road trips later this week.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't get rolls just boxes. I ask Never have any thing And bags. They are good some times. :laughing7:

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Well blah.

Hit up bank #1 and got my 2 boxes of Brinks Halves. Both turned out to be skunks. Also picked up 1 roll of CW Quarters, Skunked. 1 Roll of CW Dimes, skunked, 1 roll of CW Nickels, skunked. The other teller was not in so I was told I could come back around 1pm to see if she had any CWR's.

Dumped my load of clad.

Hit up bank #2. Went to get my 2 boxes of String Halves and the vault manager was there. He informed me that they had received a bag of $1000 instead of two boxes. I said that was fine. Than he proceeded to inform me that he rejected the bag because he saw foreign currency in the bag, several pesos. I let him know that next time that is fine, I expect to find stuff like that from time to time so its not a problem. So.. I got skunked on $1000 worth of halves from that branch.

I hit up bank #3. Grabbed 2 boxes of Brinks Halves and one $1000 bag of Quarters off their coin machine. First Halves skunked me. Second box finally coughed up some silver, two 40% and a chrome plated 1960 to 190 stamped half from 1983. I had gone 11 skunked boxes of Brinks Halves in a row before I finally scored again. As for the quarters, no silver. I did manage a Canadian Quarter 1979, 1 Piso from the Philippines and a 25 cent token from Madison Iowa for a Casio called Catfish Bend. That was a cool find considering I am a avid Catfisher.

Not the greatest start to the week. Down 6 boxes of halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread