so.. Anyone going to the Galveston Beach Hunt? In November?

OP
OP
R

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
The organizers marked off an area with small flags, then several people spread/buried the goodies. We all, 50 or so, gathered around the perimeter and waited for the gun to go off......Sand flew all directions.
Even though each hunt (there were 4 seperate hunts that day) lasted 45 minutes, most coins were retreived in the first 10 minutes. FAST AND FURIOUS could be used to describe the feeding frenzy.........
All hunts were in the same area, so i do not think many, if ANY, silver coins were left.
After the organized hunt, several people hit the same area again.
All entry fees were fed back into the hunt. Many years ago when silver was $3/oz entry fees were much less, but with silver droping fast, but still in the $9 range, I do not see a problem with slightly higher fees, But everyone in intitled to their opinion...... HH Gayle

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
rsc said:
The organizers marked off an area with small flags, then several people spread/buried the goodies. We all, 50 or so, gathered around the perimeter and waited for the gun to go off......Sand flew all directions.
Even though each hunt (there were 4 seperate hunts that day) lasted 45 minutes, most coins were retreived in the first 10 minutes. FAST AND FURIOUS could be used to describe the feeding frenzy.........
All hunts were in the same area, so i do not think many, if ANY, silver coins were left.
After the organized hunt, several people hit the same area again.
All entry fees were fed back into the hunt. Many years ago when silver was $3/oz entry fees were much less, but with silver droping fast, but still in the $9 range, I do not see a problem with slightly higher fees, But everyone in intitled to their opinion...... HH Gayle

That sounds fun! I would think everyone would put their MD's in the strictly the coin mode.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Very cool coins Gayle, sounds like you guys had a good time. I hope to check out the next one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread