So Im going to buy a bazooka

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great mod Tweeta Bear :icon_thumleft:

I made a shorter version for mine year before last but also extended the slick plate and then added a fold out wing dam.
Since then I have removed the wing dam due to lack of expected performance. (It needed a bottom like yours)
Thought about adding a snap on vinyl liner to the bottom of it but never did.
bw2.jpg bw1.jpg

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tweeta, that looks great. You measured perfect followed by some nice work from that shop. Time to get it in water! Hopefully you can get a video of that thing in action. I need to see this in action in case I need to build one when I get mine. Haha

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i was thinking about I70 and youngsfield since ive never been there before... if not ill probably be over there just south of evans.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Both good spots so yes, try Youngfield. Walk upstream at least several hundred yards and dig IN the creek; get down a foot or so into the black rocks..that's where the pickers are!

OP
OP
A

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had any issues drilling ABS, test a scrape piece you have left over. Drill a few holes than smack it with a hammer, drop toss it across the garage. I don't think you will have a problem.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now i just gotta figure out if i want to drill hole in my BGT.

You've gone too far to turn back now, just measure twice and drill once. I would put two 1/4" holes on each side, one 1 inch down from the top and the other below the slick plate an inch up from the bottom. Use wing nuts on the outside to make diss-assembly and re-assembly tool-less.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What!? I was expecting great stories of success! You could always flip it over and use it as a hood scope on your truck. ;)

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
no it didnt stick out of the water kevin, with no stopper it seemed to sit pretty still in the river. maybe i just didnt get something right. ill try again. has anyone ever seen "The Red Green Show" could you imagine my white truck with a black hood scoop held down with ducktape? lmfao but never the less i did still recover some gold today... about the same as have in the past.

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
found this on the deck of my sluice... not sure what it is. tryed to put a pic but it wont let me. as soon as its going again ill post it.

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
here are pics... anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• image-4291081547.jpg
    image-4291081547.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1815353647.jpg
    image-1815353647.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 120

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool old Chinese (or Japanese) coin I'd say.

el_guapo

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are pics... anyone know what it is?

It's a Chinese coin. Normally held in your pocket for good luck. Put a magnet to it. If it's anything, it's probably brass.

A lot of 10 of these is going for $2.60 on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions