So my account got suspended on eBay

Cosmo

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a 100 year old ivory pool ball I had listed on eBay they canceled my auction told me basically don't even think about trying to sell it again. Would never Risk my account after I was warned. Balls not even half this nice were getting in 500.00 range on the buy it now. They were all advertised faux. eBay is the only place I would ever get that type of money for on this item.

Attachments

• image-4100313705.jpg
    image-4100313705.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image-476574810.jpg
    image-476574810.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 131
  • image-4087426104.jpg
    image-4087426104.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 138

nuzzo

Apr 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone recently been able to get a suspended account reinstated? I got just a message that my account is suspended for risky activity, but they didn't explain what it was.

I tried contacting them but they always keep giving me the runaround.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Has anyone recently been able to get a suspended account reinstated? I got just a message that my account is suspended for risky activity, but they didn't explain what it was.

I tried contacting them but they always keep giving me the runaround.

But you were able to talk with someone? Or just got lost in the automated system?

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally Posted by ConceptualizedNetherlandr View Post
"I have seen that over the years. I doubt ebay is targeting sellers. I think competing sellers are flagging competitors listings. I've received emails from supposed prospective buyers complaining about my item/listing and when I checked them out they were selling competing items. Then if you didn't satisfy them in response to their complaints they flag you. I block anyone that causes any sort of trouble immediately."

I too have been targeted by competitors, I quit selling on fleabay after they took $40% of an $800 camera I sold, I think their fees have gotten way out of hand. After selling thousands of items with them, I quit.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting dilemma. Did a web search for "Ivory" and here's what wikipedia has to say:

Ivory is a hard, white material from the tusks (traditionally elephant's) and teeth of animals, that can be used in art or manufacturing. It consists mainly of dentine (inorganic formula Ca10(PO4)6(CO3).H2O)), one of the physical structures of teeth and tusks. The chemical structure of the teeth and tusks of mammals is the same, regardless of the species of origin. The trade in certain teeth and tusks other than elephant is well established and widespread; therefore, "ivory" can correctly be used to describe any mammalian teeth or tusks of commercial interest which are large enough to be carved or scrimshawed.

Couldn't this put things in a bit better light as far as eBay is concerned? I mean, an Elk tooth?? REALLY?? Should have been relisted as a plastic tooth from a REAL elk!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have three pieces that I took today to an antique store. They were not interested in them so I took them to an auction house. They offered me $100. I sold them. I won't ever try to sell anything on there again. As far as Ivory is concerned.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally Posted by ConceptualizedNetherlandr View Post
"I have seen that over the years. I doubt ebay is targeting sellers. I think competing sellers are flagging competitors listings. I've received emails from supposed prospective buyers complaining about my item/listing and when I checked them out they were selling competing items. Then if you didn't satisfy them in response to their complaints they flag you. I block anyone that causes any sort of trouble immediately."

I too have been targeted by competitors, I quit selling on fleabay after they took $40% of an $800 camera I sold, I think their fees have gotten way out of hand. After selling thousands of items with them, I quit.

They took $$40 or 40%? I've been on there for quite a while and the most they ever take is 10%. PayPal is 3%. Unless you have a loan through PayPal then it's higher. Or do you mean competitors are selling the same camera for 40% less than you are? sorry, I'm confused.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread