SO PRETTY MUCH ITS ILLEGAL TO DO ANYTHING

Re: SO PRETTY MUCH IT'S ILLEGAL TO DO ANYTHING

at times its like atack, attack ,attack --- if swr dislike my thoughts and posts so much why for petes sake does he not use the ignore button for me? -- because then he would not be able to "jump" on and attack, attack ,attack --which he seems to LOVE to do way too much -- personally if some one bothers me as much as he seems to be bothered by me -- (in real life I would avoid their company -- here theres the ignore button) --so hes back on the "iggy" button and happily hes is the only person I've had to do that to. -- I'm not normally that way but geez he loves to attack my postings.--- I've noticed the trend. --- and petty bickering quite frankly bores me to death since it goes nowhere --- Ivan

Forgive me for jumping on my soapbox, but...

That's not really what you were talking about - you were trying to minimize someone's opinion by demeaning them.

I have to ask - you said "it is the people you have elected" Did you not vote?

B

TT,

You are on a roll.

Did I miss the answer to my question of whether or not SWR votes? (not asking HOW or FOR WHO, just, do you).

B

haha ha control --finally he (sort of) admits hes a control freak --(that explains alot) so he thinks hes controlling folks -- well your NOT controlling folks , your just being a DROLL TROLL and annoying at best. thats so SAD REALLY SAD -- you have my pity but your still on the "iggy" button -- ivan

Ivan,

Yep, and you can figure that either he doesn't vote - which (IMO) means I don't really care what someone who doesn't even vote complains about, or, if he votes, he voted on the "other" side - hence - the "you people".

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

B

For all you legal scholars and jailhouse lawyers riddle me this ...... If your typical Joe Sixpack parks his car by the ranger station and hauls out a metal detector and goes charging into the park he's gonna pick up a posse. If he swings that puppy all day and doesn't dig anything what law will he be charged with breaking? Especially if large gaping holes are found outside his search area while the rangers have him under surveillance? If he continues the process each day how many days will it be before he is not watched and not followed and only searched when he leaves? Gives a whole new meaning to taking one for the team doesn't it?
There are ways to get around these silly regulations and the easiest is to get a politician on your team. You show up with a senator and the ranger will swing the detector for him I'm betting. Better be a real senator though.
Anyone who chooses to tilt at windmills like our friend Real de Tayopa is welcome to. Too many other places to work. If you really have a genuine location on a restricted site - not just somewhere - contact someone big like the smithsonian and cut a contract to get a share and they go in and get it. You can even find a megabucks guy who wants to pretend to be the finder and then give it to the museum. As long as he gets paid and you get a couple pics let him. siegfried schlagule

Hmmmm........ When's the last time you saw an ill-eagle ???

I think the laws in general are skewed. Forcing law abiding citizens to contemplate commiting a Crimeto enjoy a healthy outdoor activity. Yet the guy that decides his treasure is breaking into someones house gets slapped on the wrist and charged with trespass and only gets credit for time served. :'(

Guess we all just need to fly under the radar and keep looking for those ellusive ill-eagles :D

Yep,

In fact, the title to this topic should be "SO PRETTY MUCH IT'S ILLEGAL TO DO ANYTHING WE LIKE TO DO"

B

well its the GRABBERMINT -- greedy govt type folks (state ,feds and even local in some cases) who want to suck all the fun and money from the poor working smucks life -- gimme, gimme. gimme is their motto --anything that might help a working stiff "escape" his life of boring servitude is banned --- like finding a treasure hoard -- so no looking for anything good on public land*-- (why?) ---( we the public* are"legally" the land owner's of public land aren't we?--- then why can't we look on "our" land?) yep its the power grabbing --money grubbing --joy of life sucking out --political leeches that live off the taxes paid by us that restrict our enjoyment and profeit in our hobby --since they want us in debt forever thus sweating hard and working 24 /7/365 producing tax money for them to steal -- working like a rat on tread mill --trying to keep up -- all the while their bleeding off the tax money that was to be used to help us in our "old age" --- neither party is for the common working stiff man / woman these days --- so it between pick a crook (democrat) or a thief (repubicans) -- they just ping pong things back and forth using the old vote them bums out rant when not in power --- back and forth with no real change at all ( milking we the people to death in the process) -- we the people have long ago been sold down the river

Its money.

The people who can't pay RARELY get ticketed. It makes no sense to ticket someone and pursue it through the courses only to get stiffed in the end.

Harley riders get ticketed. Sports car drivers get ticketed. Yada yada yada.

oh I am active "political" pain in the rear when need be -- I often voice my veiw in public at local political public meetings very clearly -- many do not their just "sheeple" -- they just pay,pay.pay and never say anything & they would never want to "rock the boat" -- heck if need be I'll kick a hole in the bottom of the "boat", since I know how to swim.

Hood morning My friend Ivan. You posted ====>

Anyone who chooses to tilt at windmills like our friend Real DE Tayopa is welcome to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The windmill thingy is figuratively tilting with exaggerated, or patently over extended, unwarranted egos

The same applies with my alternate ego "Till Eulenspiegle", only a bit more so.

AND I LOVE TO !

Don Jose de La Mancha -------- Till Eulenspiegle

TT & Ivan,

CONGRATS - to both of you!!! I, too, am a political pain - from the local level right to the top level. I write to everyone, attend every meeting I can, especially the ones that the Forest Service and BLM holds, when they want to "exclude" more public property, etc., one of the last ones being a "horizon to horizon" visual corridor. (Bottom line on this one, is that, when you look out your window, you should only see scenic, pristine land. While I had a major problem with "no boundaries", I really had a problem with the fact that it encompassed private land - so, you could live there, but you would not be able to fix any building, etc., that was older than a certain age, as it was supposed to keep looking like it did 100 years ago).

The very latest is all the uranium "in situ" mining - they tried to prove I was anti-mining, but they failed miserably on that one - considering how long we've been doing it, and our locals were convinced that the 75 jobs created was worth the risk, since they put up a $10,000,000 bond. (of course, the locals didn't realize that they only paid $10,000 for their 10 million dollar bond, nor did they know that, doing it safely would create 4 times the amount of jobs, and STILL be VERY profitable for the company. (it's nice having the internet and the Bureau of Mines very close, to get the proof, in writing, to the right people). So, they are going to mine the uranium, safely, in a combination manner, employ about 200 locals, but they will only be making about 30% on their investment.
But, now, they are trying to increase that by talking the BLM and Forest Service into building their conveyor - uh - taxpayer money.

B

SWR said:
Quite a dilemma. You guys jump up on the soapbox every chance you get, and preach about how the Government is preventing us from lining our pockets with trinkets and knickknacks. It is not the Government folks…it is the people you have elected to run the Government. Evidently, the majority of the people want to protect the Parks and other Public Lands.

What a load of crap.

Get real.

I never voted for B. Clintoon and he made some of the biggest western state land grabs since the railroads came through.

And I know of no member of the Sierra Club running for office.. Yet next that cigar stuffing land grabbing ex pres they are the ones that are forcing the government to grab up land faster then you can flap your fingers on your keyboard.

The Sierra Club has not endorsed a candidate this year yet - but, 5 will get you 10, that it will be a democrat.

The Sierra Club has a huge membership, which is why they get stuff done. Unfortunately, there is one reason why they have such a huge membership. For a mere $2500.00, you can spend a week backpacking, horseback riding, and camping with the Sierra Club in a wilderness area that you and I will never be allowed in. (that's just one trip - they have trips from about $2500 to 10's of thousands of dollars), so--- if you are rich and want to go where no fellow subordinate man (read that, not rich) may venture, join the Sierra Club.

Do you know that the State of California and the BLM, actually had the Sierra Club draw the maps for the California Desert Wilderness Area? And the tortoise area? And Joshua Tree National Park? The Sierra Club marked the areas they wanted to "preserve" and the government just signed off - and it wasn't all done under democrat presidents. Apparently, neither side, Republicans or Democrats, really wants to go up against the Sierra Club.

And their propaganda is really good, too. The "regular" folks who join really believe that people like us are out there digging up huge holes with 17 bulldozers each, squashing turtles as we go. Then, when they vote on something, the Sierra Club writes to their members and tells them how they should vote.

Ok, there goes my blood pressure again :o

B

mrs.oroblanco said:
The Sierra Club has not endorsed a candidate this year yet - but, 5 will get you 10, that it will be a democrat.

The Sierra Club has a huge membership, which is why they get stuff done. Unfortunately, there is one reason why they have such a huge membership. For a mere $2500.00, you can spend a week backpacking, horseback riding, and camping with the Sierra Club in a wilderness area that you and I will never be allowed in. (that's just one trip - they have trips from about $2500 to 10's of thousands of dollars), so--- if you are rich and want to go where no fellow subordinate man (read that, not rich) may venture, join the Sierra Club.

Do you know that the State of California and the BLM, actually had the Sierra Club draw the maps for the California Desert Wilderness Area? And the tortoise area? And Joshua Tree National Park? The Sierra Club marked the areas they wanted to "preserve" and the government just signed off - and it wasn't all done under democrat presidents. Apparently, neither side, Republicans or Democrats, really wants to go up against the Sierra Club.

And their propaganda is really good, too. The "regular" folks who join really believe that people like us are out there digging up huge holes with 17 bulldozers each, squashing turtles as we go. Then, when they vote on something, the Sierra Club writes to their members and tells them how they should vote.

Ok, there goes my blood pressure again :o

B

Exactly ;)

SWR said:
Las Vegas Bob said:
SWR said:
Quite a dilemma. You guys jump up on the soapbox every chance you get, and preach about how the Government is preventing us from lining our pockets with trinkets and knickknacks. It is not the Government folks…it is the people you have elected to run the Government. Evidently, the majority of the people want to protect the Parks and other Public Lands.

What a load of crap.

Get real.

I never voted for B. Clintoon and he made some of the biggest western state land grabs since the railroads came through.

And I know of no member of the Sierra Club running for office.. Yet next that cigar stuffing land grabbing ex pres they are the ones that are forcing the government to grab up land faster then you can flap your fingers on your keyboard.

Hey Bob...so you are upset because the guy you voted for didn't win? I can understand that.

LOL

I really don't think you can understand anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back