So what kind of find gives you the greatest rush? relic, gold, silver or what?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picking up old ordinance and not having it explode in your face is always a rush.

img007.jpg

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Relics from the War of Northern Agression get's me going, especially if it is a Confetrit' piece....although, I have been known to keep Yankee pieces too. Lol

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a full bottle of corona once.

And it was cold out... so it was cold...

That was a thrill.

Too bad is was 7am and I already had bought a large coffee. :P

Found a perfect pull tab once...

You may have seen the thread on it here...

Should have gotten banner for that one.

Other than that...

Bah. :)

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
anything thats older than me,and thats old.
brad

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I completely forgot about tokens, can't believe it. tokens are always a welcome sight. so many kinds of them for so many reasons. there is such excitement in what the next hole may hold. there is a certain amount of a rush when you realize that what you just knew was another pull tab or other trash only to see something that makes your heart skip a beat. some of us yell and hollar while others do their dance. A bucket lister find is totally awesome, just saying

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Found a full bottle of corona once.

And it was cold out... so it was cold...

That was a thrill.

Too bad is was 7am and I already had bought a large coffee. :P

Found a perfect pull tab once...

You may have seen the thread on it here...

Should have gotten banner for that one.

Other than that...

Bah. :)

I once found a perfect pull tab too, the steel was rusted away, but the pull tab and aluminum can top was still there. It was also ran over a few times, but the pull tab was still attached. Just to see how it used to feel opening a beverage, I pulled it off slowly and put the freshly opened pull tab and can top in my pouch. I agree, perfect pull tabs are banner worthy!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never found a token, but love finding old dog licences, I have the oldest known for my town (added oddcoins, a member here, to the official dog licence book). My oldest dog licences are, 1906, 1912 and 1934.

The aluminium one gave me a huge rush especially.
dog.png

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being primarily a coin shooter, digging a bucket list coin always gives me the biggest rush. Seeing silver in the hole never ceases to bring a smile to my face, but a bucket lister will get to me break out into my happy dance.

I think I am with you here mate. Finding another coin I have not yet found is a big thrill. It hasn't happened in awhile so I am ready for another surprise.:o

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it all, but the CW relics are my favorite. There is so much history from the war here that I never even knew about until I began this hobby. It's something special to me when I pull a relic (especially a personal item such as a carved bullet) and can reflect on the back story, and wonder what that Soldier must have went through. If not for People Like Us that history would be lost forever. There is great satisfaction in knowing that we help save that, at least it is for me.

HH, RN

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Relics, because they have something to say about the folks who came before us. For an example, at one of my permissions (a old, long-gone homesite) one area outside where I believe the back door was yields mostly toys. I can almost visualize the scene.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I just finished metal detecting for an hour in my sideyard. I found a small little tag with two brass nails on each side, an old tool tag. It had a name on it too. After doing some researched I found out that he was my town's local blacksmith in the mid 1800's, and found his job diary online. I am going to look at it and try to see when he went to my house. I love finding stuff with a clear history, things like that always give me a rush.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you like history at all, coins for their many uniqueness's or just finds for their values. there seems to be something for most all of us. As I have read these responses, I am reminded that there is so many cool and awesome things that lie awaiting us to dig or scoop up. It is hard to describe to someone the instant joy of seeing something wonderful in the bottom of a scoop or sticking out of a plug of dirt. For a lot of us, it also has a lot to do with the rarity of something from the past or even gold or silver jewelry recently lost. I just totally love seeing the look on my wife's face as she looks up after digging something awesome or I hear her squeal of joy. Returns, well, some are not as exciting as others but as a whole, super exhilarating for both parties. This rush that we seek is almost like a drug as we are constantly seeking yet another rush from an exciting find. Good luck all and happy hunting

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Based on where I am I would say any gold is #1, I haven't found any yet. Jewelry and 100+ year old coins/tokens are my favorite normal finds. I also like finding old newspaper printing plates too, those are very unique. All those would have me satisfied on any hunt.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My next oldest coin does it for me. Of course, gold is high on the list. I'm not much into relics, but I love thimbles too. Probably because my first one was a sterling silver and two since were tiny colonial brass (?).

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Like many here , I enjoy pondering the personal finds . Relics first , as I've found no real gold or coin spills . I have a fair amount of early California history available within a few minutes drive just waiting to be uncovered !

Mark.

Last edited:

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest high I get from this hobby/sport is when hunting a field or woods with no research or history and I get a hit in the 79-90 range on my AT PRO. Most of the time it is something horse related or inexplicably modern where modern shouldn't be, but a few times it has been a good old coin or button. So from that moment of the solid hit in all directions, to the Lesche hitting the dirt is my big rush because that hole has nothing but potential.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
The biggest high I get from this hobby/sport is when hunting a field or woods with no research or history and I get a hit in the 79-90 range on my AT PRO. Most of the time it is something horse related or inexplicably modern where modern shouldn't be, but a few times it has been a good old coin or button. So from that moment of the solid hit in all directions, to the Lesche hitting the dirt is my big rush because that hole has nothing but potential.

Same, anytime I get something between 80-90 my heart rate goes up a ton. I know a site from the 1730's, gone by 1800, and only woods now. 90% percent of the time an 86 is an old copper, now whenever I get a high number, anywhere old, I get super excited.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After finding the 1917 walker, I do tend to get pretty excited out in the wooded areas when I get a 90's hit. I usually forget to actually make sure it isn't a bottlecap as I hurry up and dig. I still get excited just to have a high hit. I figure my heart is racing a little bit as I push the Sampson into the dirt. you have to admit that there are a lot of things in the ground that can get the blood going

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions