jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HaHa I Like his Idea for Fast food Places.

I May just try that :P

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm going to have to stop by the bank on my way to work tomorrow...

Back when the "new" $20 bills came out, I was so tempted to stop at the Hardee's drive-thru... didn't have the nerve. But as I grow older, I'm finding I *do* have more attitude, so I just might have to give this a try.

If I do, I'll let you know how it goes

Nan

S

Smee

Or . . . pay in Kennedy halves.

I didn't know that was foriegn money until I visited the Crossett, Arkansas McDonald's.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite awhile back, we had some idiot saying that gold was no good, because it wasn't "backed by dollars".

He was about 25 or so years old - he just couldn't be convinced that gold and/or silver has the basic value - what do we teach our young'uns.

Alot of people, I think, don't get how the world turns.

B

B

BIG61AL

Wrong! No us minted coin or printed note has ever but recalled or made obsolete....any legal us money no matter how old is and will always be legal tender for it's face value..... a twenty dollar gold coin while worth more than it's face value is still legal tender for just that - twenty dollars..... people are so stupid sometimes

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
BIG61AL said:
Wrong! No us minted coin or printed note has ever but recalled or made obsolete....any legal us money no matter how old is and will always be legal tender for it's face value..... a twenty dollar gold coin while worth more than it's face value is still legal tender for just that - twenty dollars..... people are so stupid sometimes

With the exception of US gold coins before 1933 and bills larger than $100 you are absolutely right. If you tender a $500 bill at a bank it will be seized and you will be reported to the IRS and FBI for theft or tax evasion. If you turn in a $10,000 bill and snatch it back when they try to seize it there will be an all-points bulletin and FBI task force assigned to find you. I was one of the "suspects" when that happened and telling them I didn't know anyone that stupid was not recieved well. In some towns and states there is an ordinance that says they don't have to accept more than 50 cents in pennies or more than $5 in coins for your purchase. siegfried schlagrule

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
jeff of pa said:
Q: My late wife and I kept Eisenhower dollar coins as a way of saving money, and I have about 50 of them. I went to my bank to cash them in, but they wouldn't take them. They said that the Federal Reserve will no longer accept them and they are considered collectible only and are no longer legal tender.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/homegarden/2008570172_zhom29fixit.html

it wouldn't be the first time a bank teller lied to avoid work. siegfried schlagrule

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like Chase here in Marysville ohio. They have the highest turnover I have ever seen. Get rid of one "Bimbo" and hire another. The American workforce is either, 1. Working, 2. unemployed, 3. on welfare or disability, 4. Don't want to work. 5. Too lazy to work. 6. Won't work because it doesn't pay enough. 7 Retired 8. Too stupid to work ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread