Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Launch of the NEW Excalibur II from Minelab

Minelab have been working hard behind closed doors & now these doors are open to Proudly Launch their New Excalibur II to the World.

The New Excalibur II is an Amphibious machine performing as well on land and the beach as it does underwater the New Excalibur II will perform every time.

You can be confident in its ability to penetrate deeply and discriminate accurately underwater at depths of up to 66m (200ft)

While being extremely advanced, the New Excalibur II is also an easy-to-use detector having very few controls that require adjustment after they have been set. The New Excalibur II will operate at maximum performance without the need to ground balance manually.

New features and improved specification of the Excalibur II include.

New High Visibility (Hi-Vis) fluorescent bodywork
New Slimline Coil (8” or 10” option) for improved balance
New NiMH Rechargeable Battery Pack
New Hi-Vis Skid Plate
New Side-Mount Shaft for shallow and surf-wading (available as an optional accessory)

Excalibur II is available from today so pick up your phone & give your local Minelab dealer a call to order your New Excalibur II.

Upvote 0

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
Seems like just an upgrade to me, to correct what was wrong with the Excal I.
When will the manufacturers get the message, we want an underwater and wader machine with LCD target ID, depth reading, touchpad controls, etc.
Take note Minelab and White's : How about taking an X70 or DFX or GT and making it waterproof. Would be a killer water machine!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Max.

Midas, I don't think you will ever see a true underwater detector with LCD screen, with ID, depth reading on the LCD. Forget touchpad controls too. Water pressure on a LCD and touch pads would cause leaks. You wouldn't be able to dive with it for sure.

The Excal II also has a faster signal response besides what info Max gave. Lowest Price $1,198.97.

Many hunters use the GT while wading as the control box comes off the shaft and can be hung around your neck. Neither the X70 or most of the Whites are hip mountable.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since there are no reviews available on it yet, I think Max and Sandman should order one ASAP and give us their reviews. ;)

Max does the saltwater and Sandman the fresh water, little chilly, but I am sure both are still young enough ;D to be up to the task.

OP
OP
gravediggermax-vabeachva

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine is ordered already

who knows when i will get it....................might be like the cz21..........................one never knows anymore

:)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look forward to you review when you get it. I have 2 Excals now, if it is only cosmetic I will keep what I have, if there is a major improvement, then I would sell one and get new one and keep the other for backup.

I guess an Excal is good enough to be a backup for an Excal II

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
Sandman, LCD displays can be waterproofed like anything else. and touchpads would be more leak proof than control knobs.
What I'm saying is the metal detector manufacturers must start thinking outside the box. and come up with something really new and different in a water detector. Not the same old that's been on the shelf for years.
As to hipmounting the DFX and X70, I solved that problem immediately when I bought each model giving them the functionality that should have been designed into each unit.

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
I want one that only sounds off on gold and silver jewelry and then digs the target for me. Not to particular about what color it is ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want pretty girls in bikinis to dig for me, color doesnt matter either. ;D

klopek

Oct 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II
I've heard nothing about this anywhere. are yall pulling my leg or is there a wbe link I can go read about this and look at pictures?

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im salivating like a dog waiting for his treat ;D

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Hi-viz? So now you can advertise to people from further away that you have a high end detector?
I guess at least your wife will be able to spot you from a mile away now..
maybe it also comes with a couple of accessories..
;D
Wonder if it will drive down the price on current Excals? 8)

Attachments

• fluffy-clubwear-orange-yellow-uv-fluffy-wrist-cuffs.jpg
    fluffy-clubwear-orange-yellow-uv-fluffy-wrist-cuffs.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 402
  • fluffy-clubwear-hi-viz-uv-pink-fluffies-furry-legwarmers.jpg
    fluffy-clubwear-hi-viz-uv-pink-fluffies-furry-legwarmers.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 407

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
I heard from robert over at minelab 2 months ago. he told me it was just more of a cosmetic change. The battery will be a little lighter and control buttons would be better. I think Max got a better detailed report. Any pictures of it?
LT

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi-viz? So now you can advertise to people from further away that you have a high end detector?
I guess at least your wife will be able to spot you from a mile away now..
maybe it also comes with a couple of accessories..

Wonder if it will drive down the price on current Excals?

You can always put duct tape over the Hi-vis sides, and the earcups should be black, so we can spray paint those.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Well.........Today I asked my Excalibur 1000 if he would like a little brother (Excal 2), and he got very upset with me. So...looks like that settles it for me, Sandman.....no Excal 2 for me. It's hard enough to keep my DFX and Excal 1000 from fighting with each other. You know, they both think they are the best....LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D
---Mel

borninok

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The color don't bother me at all as long as it finds the targets like the Excal does.

I do wish they would devise a coil that was highly visible under water, maybe with a light. Sure make it easier to recover the target in the surf if you could see the exact location of coil while fighting the surf. Now I have to feel it with a foot and try to mark it till I get the scoop there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread