OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic :) I'm hoping to get back up there soon. Maybe I can get that lucky.
We spent 16hrs dredging to get it got lots of fines but I am going to have to use a miller table to seperate just to dang tedious for me.We just upgraded the nozzle and hose to 2.5 inch for next trip.

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of time on the dredge. Haven't been able to talk myself into putting one together yet LOL I think I'll try building a highbanker soon. We'll see how that goes first.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gold. you may find it cheaper and just as satisfying to collect your black sand cons in mason jars until the end of the season. I still have jars from
30 years ago that i roll around to show newbies the super fine gold in black sand.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
NICE COLOR, OBP,!!! I hope all is well with you and yours.
GOD BLESS
OKIE

All is well Okie Wishing the same to you.We finished the cleanup last night we got a real nice chunk.Are you in Oklahoma.
Regards
Jeff
cleanup complete one more chunk
CIMG0116.jpg

Last edited:

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sir, I'm back in NC. Things didn't go as planed so I'm back home now, Bobbie's mom passed away back in April when I came back the first time, then I went back to OK on May 18th for my youngest's sons graduation and came back to NC June 10th I have know idea when we will be back in OK, but I will let you know if and when we come back. you have my number so give me a call some time.
God Bless
OKIE

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No sir, I'm back in NC. Things didn't go as planed so I'm back home now, Bobbie's mom passed away back in April when I came back the first time, then I went back to OK on May 18th for my youngest's sons graduation and came back to NC June 10th I have know idea when we will be back in OK, but I will let you know if and when we come back. you have my number so give me a call some time.
God Bless
OKIE

My prayers are with you and your family.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Okie, We wish the best for you and yours. Sorry we were not able to meet up with you and do a little prospecting, while you were here. Hopefully you will have good luck with some of that NC gold.:thumbsup:

raycan

Mar 8, 2009
Texarkana, Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT,Spectra V3I, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...I was wondering how you did for the weekend. My boys and I was there for the metal detecting and also got to try out the dredge for the 1st time with the Greenville Chapter GPAA. I spoke to you for a few minutes. Looks like you had a pretty nice set up.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds...I was wondering how you did for the weekend. My boys and I was there for the metal detecting and also got to try out the dredge for the 1st time with the Greenville Chapter GPAA. I spoke to you for a few minutes. Looks like you had a pretty nice set up.

Hello Raycan we only had the three big pieces with a few flakes and a ton of fines that are just specks in the pan.It was the best trip we have had.I went back Sat dropped into same hole got 2 flakes and a bunch of fines.For me it is all about the hunt I never expected the nuggets but boy what a sweet suprise.I should be going back in 2 weeks.

raycan

Mar 8, 2009
Texarkana, Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT,Spectra V3I, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to make another trip to K-River this summer before school starts. I still have to pan the concentrates from what we dredged that afternoon. I have a feeling that we got nothing though, since we were learning with several other people. I was curious to how much they were getting out of the Kiamichi. Not bad for being within a two hour drive from home. Take care.

Here is a picture of my boys dredging...I believe you are in the background.............
K River.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep thats us I will be back there on July 21 if you guys want to go then I will let you all run the dredge for a while.Shoot me a PM and I will give you my number so you can call before you haul to make sure nothing came up.Water is bearly flowing right now but still large pools of water.:headbang:
Regards
Jeff

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
very nice! OBP just remeber to rerun your material over that miller table several times to get all the gold.and adjust the water or the tilt of the table for each other run!

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
very nice! OBP just remeber to rerun your material over that miller table several times to get all the gold.and adjust the water or the tilt of the table for each other run!

Thanx russau I have never run a table so I will rerun everything several times until I feel good about my setups.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread