some type of early spoons

castletonking

Jun 20, 2011
castleton vt.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found these buried next to a a collection of cellar holes,no town maps or records list anything as being there past the 1890's so i have no idea on the age. the first spoon i post was approx 6 inches down against the slate stones piled for the foundation on the outside. The second spoon was located approx 10 feet from the main structure and was 4 inches down. I'm thinking pewter at least on the larger one with the design.

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

castletonking

Jun 20, 2011
castleton vt.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
castletonking said:
I found these buried next to a a collection of cellar holes,no town maps or records list anything as being there past the 1890's so i have no idea on the age. the first spoon i post was approx 6 inches down against the slate stones piled for the foundation on the outside. The second spoon was located approx 10 feet from the main structure and was 4 inches down. I'm thinking pewter at least on the larger one with the design.
sorry about my toes lol

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
castletonking said:
Could you resize your pics?I'd like to see the handle,thanks God Bless,HH Chris

OP
OP
C

castletonking

Jun 20, 2011
castleton vt.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worldtalker said:
castletonking said:
Could you resize your pics?I'd like to see the handle,thanks God Bless,HH Chris i'm sorry, i dont know how.
sorry i dont know how to resize

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions