I found the interesting piece on the left,
the last time I went there.

Today, after a lonnnnnnng story of failed
places I tried to go to, I wound up back in
my "field of dreams", relic hunting.

The very first thing I dig!? Was the piece
on the right. LOL

Not a super day out but better than just going
back home to stew over the cold weather coming.

2017 (213).jpg
2017 (215).jpg
2017 (216).jpg
2017 (217).jpg

.......................... :dontknow: .............................

2017 (218).jpg

My eyes just aren't good enough to make out
anything. But, even a completely toasted copper
is a fun find! ESPECIALLY, today!! :BangHead:

Guess it'll hold me 'til Spring. ;)

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 20

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're supposed to go back to winter temps too Gary. Congrats on the match to your ornate piece. Do they ever plow that field? You'll get more next year if they do!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're HOOKED! Lol I love my cornfield and even though the finds are a small fraction of what they once we're from there I love going back time and time again. Great saves sir!

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good luck into next hunt :icon_thumleft:

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good job. I knew you could not get that field off your mind.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Dรฉus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you went home again... a good spot you love.
Those are interesting pieces. Are they from a clock or scale? Looks like you found lil brother today!
Any day out swinging is better than sitting in the house! :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, we've all been there..we strike out and simply head to our go-to spot..hoping it delivers. Blingy looks kinda sad with no shiny to love on..I guarantee that old field is hiding some great stuff...just get your coil over it! It was 61 degrees today and the snow is supposed to start flying after midnight. Congrats on getting out today while some others couldn't...Ddf

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ideal on the B V S C tag ? some sort of transportation chit tag for luggage maybe ?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice to see the conversion to us relic hunters! :occasion14:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing better than digging history-

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just gotta keep looking. The last week produced a 1865 Indian Cent, 1923 buffalo nickel, my first ever Standing liberty quarter, two Mercs, 1 Rosie, 2 whole wheaties, a 17th century Maravedis, 1781 KG III copper penny, huge flat button, FOUR or so kerosene lamp tops, 1 zillion pieces of iron, some modern bullets, 19th century ceramics (helps to date the sites) and 20 something other modern coins and a 1945S silver nickel and 1 fired minie ball and 1 dropped CS Gardner. No, this was not from the same site. Friend and I went to a park where most of the coins came from. Another friend and I went to two different farms over an hour apart for the rest of the stuff.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, Whats better than one? A set! The brass ornaments do look like they came off of fancy furniture, chest, or clock. I like the tag too. Maybe B_______ Valley S________ Club. Somewhere nearby? Sub 8-)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks, for the wonderful replies. I'm thinking a little explanation is warranted.

First of all, as I understand it, anyone who uses a metal detector is a relic hunter.
That said, I meant what I said previously. This, hunting fields, is something that will be a backup for
me. Even just walking those fields gets to me too quickly. (sucks gettin' old :dontknow: )

I didn't go back to the field under some compulsion, it was a very last resort. Better than just going home.
The rest of my places were just too busy for my comfort.

In a way, that's good news for the true relic hunters out there. It means I won't be depleting the finds
as much. More for you guys. ;)

I get a thrill doing the research. Both, before I go and after I find. Even the things that probably will never
be identified, like those decorative pieces. AND....this token/tag? First of all it actually says "BMSCo" .
I have no clue if this is some sort of Telephone pole tag to a cow tag or a slave's number tag. I can't find
anything on it. The corrosion on it is very much akin to being in the ground for a lonnnng time! But, alas, no success.

As far as farm fields go, think about it, there was VERY little ground that wasn't a farm field, at one time. Even the "town center park", of ANY city. I don't feel I'm missing much when I'm on a mowed lawn as
opposed to a rough field. To me, they BOTH have great potential. To me, ALL ground is OLD!

Try this sometime. You'll have to fill in your own vdi / symptoms to suit your way of hunting. But, in a school ground I have to
fight the urge to skip over signals that are 60-64, (no, I'm not that specific). But, in a school ground there are a LOT more pulltabs.
On my machine that's where they ring up. BUT.....in a farm field, I call them "bullet/button" hits. I ALWAYS dig them.

Try finding the range you tend to come close to ignoring when in a plain ole park/school ground. Then, think about whether you would dig them in a farm field. Now, I do know that "digging EVERYthing" solves that dilemma. BUT, in a school ground/park, digging everything tends to leave lots of marks! Even if you're good! I do try to use my expensive discriminator more in those places. But, I have to guard against skipping too much.

Too late to make this short. Just know that I do NOT think I know everything. :tongue3: I just play someone who does, on a website. LOL

Enjoy, folks! While you still can!

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go Ted. Good news, a hard freeze will kill most of the bugs. Now thats a nice hunt. As for eyes, I keep a aresnal of glasses, loupes, and even a microscope lol.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds.. your back plan is still producing which is a good thing..

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds.. your back plan is still producing which is a good thing..

Thanks! Yeah, it is a very nice thing, having a back plan that actually is producing! :)

Seems like I've finally come up with something that has stumped my fellow T-netters though. I know it's still early and I'm sure nobody is losing any sleep looking up my token. LOL But, I have posted on the "What Is It" forum as well and I usually have an answer by now. Seems nobody knows, (sic cares). LOL

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"ALL ground is OLD"...Well put, Whadi! Never thought about it that way, sure puts things in a different light...thx, Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread