Yes Thanks ticm !
seems to come in waves

Last edited:

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm seeing a massive increase on other sites too. Even getting an increase in cell phone junk calls. Yesterday we got calls from a guy offering (for a price) to have 10,000 people pray for me. <sigh>

M

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks mods. Just one of the things you do to keep it smooth here.

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

I'm seeing a massive increase on other sites too. Even getting an increase in cell phone junk calls. Yesterday we got calls from a guy offering (for a price) to have 10,000 people pray for me. <sigh>

M

I've even gotten a couple of emails in the name of family members, but those family members didn't send them. It's getting really crazy out there.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me and Norton's 360 are best friends! TTC

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If as many of you are reporting it as often as I am, I can't imagine how much of the stuff is on here-mind boggling!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If as many of you are reporting it as often as I am, I can't imagine how much of the stuff is on here-mind boggling!

Well, when I get up in the morning it takes me forever to delete all the Spam left.
it would be worse, but thanks to a few what I call "Invisible mods & admins :laughing7: ) that
came with the new owners
, it isn't as overwhelming as it could be.

New member signups have Doubled because of Spammers from Russia, China, Isreal & their surrounding
areas. & there are also some US Spammers mixed in.

Not sure how many are Bots, but apparently they don't have a forum for discussing best places to spam
or they would get the message, that we delete as fast as they post on many occasions.
sometimes even faster.

What is odd is some seem to follow me around, & post in my threads & Threads I just posted in,
making catching them faster. My guess these are bots.

others seem to pic threads from 2007, maybe to try & bury them ?

Or they go by Key words :dontknow:

Anyway Sorry for the Ramble !

and Like I said Thanks For all you Members Who take the time to hit the Report Button :headbang:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah Im hoping you block the IP address so they dont come back!

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

everytime i see it i report it which is a lot

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff of PA ... Glad you gave us a glimpse behind the curtain concerning the difficulty of spam eradication. I will increase my effort to report as soon as I spot a spam. Just yesterday I counted 25 duplicate spams at the end of a thread that I follow. By the time I had reached the end spam to report it, apparently you or another Mod had already nailed it. Never have figured why spammers think this is a productive form of advertising.

M

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah Im hoping you block the IP address so they dont come back!

Absolutely. Unfortunately worldwide how many IP's are out there ?

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am probably looking right at it and passing it, just where is the report button?

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am probably looking right at it and passing it, just where is the report button?

Lower left-hand corner of each post is a black triangle with an exclamation point on it-click that on the offending post and write "spam" in the box-hit "send"-done!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

----- Untitledgggg.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Lady Pirate said:

For those of us using the iPad app ... Hit the down-facing blue arrow in the upper right of the spam post. Then select "report" and if you want, type in a short note to the Mod then "send".

I'm glad Jeff pointed out the spam report method on the regular T-Net web page. I did not know the meaning of that black triangle.

M

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I didn't know about the button either. Have just been sending a message to a mod. If I spot a suspicious post, I click on the sender . It is usually a first or early post and there description is junk. They usually list themselves as both Male and female in different positions. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 177

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
SPAM I love it, regular,bacon and the new black pepper that I haven't opened yet. My favorite fixing is fried on bread. I always carry some on the motorhome. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 158

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread