Spanish gold trail markers/monuments pictures

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Beard said:
Hey Mike (Gollum),
What do you think they say?
BB

I'm still not sure whether they are fakes or not.

If they are real, like I said in the thread, that trail map leads to the Southern face of Herman's Mountain. If you are not familiar with the mountain, it's on the North side of Upper LaBarge Canyon. I have superimposed the joined map over a pic saved from Google Earth, and over some topos. The end comes out the same every time. Herman's Mountain. This would NOT be the LDM, but like I said in the thread, the Peraltas had (I think) eight working gold mines in the Superstitions. This map could lead to a completely different mine (if it is real).

Since they were found in 1949, NOBODY has come forward to say that they were the person who found the stones. All we know is that the guy was a cop from Oregon on vacation. The guy died in 1956. Neither his name nor the exact location of the find has ever been given. He died before the stones were unveiled to the public (convenient). I think there are many reasons to think these stones are fakes, but those reasons aren't strong enough for me to bet on it! One thing that does get me is that the carver left the "R" out of Corazon. Normally when carving something like that, you draw what you are going to carve on the stone first, so you can make sure everything you want to carve will fit. After you get it just right, you begin chiseling.

Mike

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
Buck said:
Twilla said:
Buck said:
gollum said:
Buck said:
THE NAME IS BUCK---- no s ;) Buck

Probably just wishful thinking! Maybe you should change your name! Maybe it would change your luck! ;D ;D

Mike
:o well after 50+ years would kind of hard my Granddad named me that have called that by every one in my family and GF was the first one to missprononce it did not think that it was that hard of name ;)may be i will change to Goldenfleas ;D ;D what do you think sounds good huh BUCK

I kinda like your name BUCK..... lotsa bucks sounds pretty good to don't you think?

T
Thank you Twilla I have a aunt by that name have not seen her in about 30 years when I was a small boy till my teen age years I hated my name Buck But that what all my family called me it is my nick name but after my Grand dad passed on I got away from it but my mom and some of my family still called me Buck after my mom passed away I went back to being called Buck out of love for my mother also if you look on a car from wyo you will see my name sake Twilla I do hope that you find your treasure i really do ;D

Well thank you too Buck. I would really love to be able to find the treasure all these signs/markers are pointing to but as I have said over and over, we don't know what to look for next! Thanks to the helpful people on this forum we are learning quite a bit but it seems there is more and more to learn all the time! I believe we really are on to something since there are so many signs pointing to treasure somewhere around there.
Twilla is an odd name and it always surprises me to learn of another person with that name. It's actually pronounced twila but sometimes I think my mother must have been illiterate! Two consanants following a vowel make that vowel short but in my case, it's a long I. Anyway, I'll hope to hear from you often on this thread......we need the expertise!

T

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Twilla said:
Buck said:
Twilla said:
Buck said:
gollum said:
Buck said:
THE NAME IS BUCK---- no s ;) Buck

Probably just wishful thinking! Maybe you should change your name! Maybe it would change your luck! ;D ;D

Mike
:o well after 50+ years would kind of hard my Granddad named me that have called that by every one in my family and GF was the first one to missprononce it did not think that it was that hard of name ;)may be i will change to Goldenfleas ;D ;D what do you think sounds good huh BUCK

I kinda like your name BUCK..... lotsa bucks sounds pretty good to don't you think?

T
Thank you Twilla I have a aunt by that name have not seen her in about 30 years when I was a small boy till my teen age years I hated my name Buck But that what all my family called me it is my nick name but after my Grand dad passed on I got away from it but my mom and some of my family still called me Buck after my mom passed away I went back to being called Buck out of love for my mother also if you look on a car from wyo you will see my name sake Twilla I do hope that you find your treasure i really do ;D

Well thank you too Buck. I would really love to be able to find the treasure all these signs/markers are pointing to but as I have said over and over, we don't know what to look for next! Thanks to the helpful people on this forum we are learning quite a bit but it seems there is more and more to learn all the time! I believe we really are on to something since there are so many signs pointing to treasure somewhere around there.
Twilla is an odd name and it always surprises me to learn of another person with that name. It's actually pronounced twila but sometimes I think my mother must have been illiterate! Two consanants following a vowel make that vowel short but in my case, it's a long I. Anyway, I'll hope to hear from you often on this thread......we need the expertise!

T
Hello Twilla my mom told me once that twilla/twila is an old Bible name that is all I know my aunt is about 62-3 don't know for sure and I don't know witch way she spells her name Buck

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Twilla I'd of thought by now you wouldn't still be asking for help and had the whole place dug up my now :-*
People have a habit of showing up out of nowhere ;Stop watching so much Springer and get on with it ::)
and I don't care if your boring find is in my back yard lol
Get busy and start doing your job ;D

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
MesaBuddy said:
Twilla I'd of thought by now you wouldn't still be asking for help and had the whole place dug up my now :-*
People have a habit of showing up out of nowhere ;Stop watching so much Springer and get on with it ::)

Well guys, if we knew what in the heck we were doing, we would be filthy rich by now and offering to meet you all in Vegas for an all expenses paid trip!!! Since none of us are under the bright and blinking lights I guess it's safe to say we're still filthy, but instead of "filthy rich", we're still "dirt poor"!! Actually, we did start to dig under the cross rock since all signs seem to indicate that there could be a cache under it, and when we got several rocks out we came to a strange rock. It looks to be hewn and is squared off. It stands up and looks like a chair on the top and then it comes straight down. As we were digging some of the rocks out dirt was funneling down and out of sight and I guess that's important to keep in mind too. My friend and I each got a copy of the Death Traps to Treasure book by Kenworthy and on page 37 there is a picture of a death trap that my buddy is convinced is a picture of what we now have. If we have a death trap we understandably do not want to continue, but I can't say I'm convinced that's what we have. Attached is a picture of the "chair" we unearthed and remember, the flat stone facing the camera appears to be hewn on the top and on the face. Please let us know what you think okay? If you guys think it could be a death trap too, we'll just have to continue digging at a different angle. Let us know!

T

Attachments

• chair.jpg
    chair.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,724

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Twilla said:
MesaBuddy said:

Well guys, if we knew what in the heck we were doing, we would be filthy rich by now and offering to meet you all in Vegas for an all expenses paid trip!!! Since none of us are under the bright and blinking lights I guess it's safe to say we're still filthy, but instead of "filthy rich", we're still "dirt poor"!! Actually, we did start to dig under the cross rock since all signs seem to indicate that there could be a cache under it, and when we got several rocks out we came to a strange rock. It looks to be hewn and is squared off. It stands up and looks like a chair on the top and then it comes straight down. As we were digging some of the rocks out dirt was funneling down and out of sight and I guess that's important to keep in mind too. My friend and I each got a copy of the Death Traps to Treasure book by Kenworthy and on page 37 there is a picture of a death trap that my buddy is convinced is a picture of what we now have. If we have a death trap we understandably do not want to continue, but I can't say I'm convinced that's what we have. Attached is a picture of the "chair" we unearthed and remember, the flat stone facing the camera appears to be hewn on the top and on the face. Please let us know what you think okay? If you guys think it could be a death trap too, we'll just have to continue digging at a different angle. Let us know!

T got any other photos of different angles if I was you I think that I would dig around at different angles/spots so that you might have better idea on what you are getting into for if that Gotcha Boulder plays Gotcha :o Damm it will put the hurt on you as for vegas thanks for the offer But I am there 4-5 times a year Love that freemont light show ;D so if you find your treasure sent me a photo of it with you and your friend all in the photo ;) nuff said Buck :) :)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey T,

Sorry it's taken so long, but have a bunch of things going on.

The chair is interesting. Did you try sitting in it and taking pictures of whatever is directly in front of you? That's what chairs were usually for.

I'm still working on the "Map Rock". Without knowing the surrounding area, I can only make guesses. I'm thinking that if you sit in the chair, and look in front of you, you will see what the face on the rock sees. That should lead you on to the next clue, or the cache.

That's the hard part with rock maps. You have to find the spot to stand (or sit) and look out from.

Mike

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Twilla , did you get a detector yet ???they sure do come in handy once you "Decode" the signs ;)
Carry on
Smiles
Buddy

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
MesaBuddy said:
Twilla , did you get a detector yet ???they sure do come in handy once you "Decode" the signs ;)
Carry on
Smiles
Buddy

Hi Buddy,
Yes, we both have metal detectors and mine is a White's DFX. I have read everything that came with the unit and I haven't been able to find anything that will tell me how deep it will detect metals. It goes off there at the chair but then the number it registers can mean "hot rocks" so we don't know what is there. In the meantime, we're still trying to "decode" the signs!

T

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
gollum said:
Hey T,

The chair is interesting. Did you try sitting in it and taking pictures of whatever is directly in front of you? That's what chairs were usually for.

I'm still working on the "Map Rock". Without knowing the surrounding area, I can only make guesses. I'm thinking that if you sit in the chair, and look in front of you, you will see what the face on the rock sees. That should lead you on to the next clue, or the cache.

Hi Mike,
I guess since nobody said they thought that was a death trap, it must be safe to continue digging there huh? No, we didn't sit in the chair to see where it faces, but we thought that the purple swirl on the picture you "painted" for us meant the cache could possibly be under that boulder so that's why we started digging there. The chair is going to face back toward the other side of the river but we'll try sitting in it and seeing if we can see another sign. The "egg" rock is North west of the cross and the river is south of it. I wish I could tell you more, but since I'm not the only one in on this it has to be a unanimous decision of two before I can let anybody know where it is. My friend, however, reads this thread and is also appreciative of all the help people are giving us.
My husband went up with me this past weekend and looked at the boulder the chair is a part of, and as you will remember, it is also the cross rock, and he made a pretty thorough inspection of it. He finally decided it can't be a death trap because the boulder is about 10' wide and the chair is made up of a stone about 2' wide. It also skirts out in back so it wouldn't be balanced to roll forward. Anyway, he's not a treasure hunter either so we will defer to you experts. Please let us know so we don't get mashed!

T
That's the hard part with rock maps. You have to find the spot to stand (or sit) and look out from.

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
Buck said:
Twilla said:
MesaBuddy said:

T got any other photos of different angles if I was you I think that I would dig around at different angles/spots so that you might have better idea on what you are getting into for if that Gotcha Boulder plays Gotcha :o Damm it will put the hurt on you as for vegas thanks for the offer But I am there 4-5 times a year Love that freemont light show ;D so if you find your treasure sent me a photo of it with you and your friend all in the photo ;) nuff said Buck :) :)

Hi Buck!
So are you saying that you think that could be a death trap? I'm just assuming that since you call it a "gotcha boulder" that you think it could be. I had given it some thought and was wondering about digging in from the side since that is somewhat uphill from the chair part. If the cross rock is a gotcha boulder, it stands to reason that it would roll downhill so I thought that might be the safest direction to go in from. Also, as I said earlier, I am not convinced it is a death trap but I will listen to what you experts have to say rather than listen to my own counsel! Mike said to sit on the chair and look to see what it is facing so we'll do that the next time we get up there.
As for a picture, I don't let people take my picture but I'll sure send you a picture of the treasure and I'm sure my friend will let me take her picture with it! See ya and please continue to give us any help you feel good about giving us okay? Thanks!!

T

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anything on the map rock looks "Death Trappish". After seeing the rock after you cut down the grass, and got a good shot from further left, I don't think it is a coiled snake. With the grass up to the bottom of it, it looked like it went all they way around. It doesn't. I still think it may be a map of the area.

Mike

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Twilla said:
Buck said:
Twilla said:
MesaBuddy said:

Hi Buck!
So are you saying that you think that could be a death trap? I'm just assuming that since you call it a "gotcha boulder" that you think it could be. I had given it some thought and was wondering about digging in from the side since that is somewhat uphill from the chair part. If the cross rock is a gotcha boulder, it stands to reason that it would roll downhill so I thought that might be the safest direction to go in from. Also, as I said earlier, I am not convinced it is a death trap but I will listen to what you experts have to say rather than listen to my own counsel! Mike said to sit on the chair and look to see what it is facing so we'll do that the next time we get up there.
As for a picture, I don't let people take my picture but I'll sure send you a picture of the treasure and I'm sure my friend will let me take her picture with it! See ya and please continue to give us any help you feel good about giving us okay? Thanks!!

T
I don't think that it is a death trap but then I really can't tell just by the photo I think that mike is right sit in the chair and look ahead see what there ahead but just be careful I treat each site as a death trap as for I want to live forever :D :D yea I had my photo taken it is with my post on the left hand side be safe keep me posted. nuff said Buck

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
gollum said:
I don't think anything on the map rock looks "Death Trappish". After seeing the rock after you cut down the grass, and got a good shot from further left, I don't think it is a coiled snake. With the grass up to the bottom of it, it looked like it went all they way around. It doesn't. I still think it may be a map of the area.

Mike

Hi Mike!
I haven't been able to get to another computer that I could download google earth in order to get a shot of the area for you but I'll keep trying so you can see if it is a map of the area the treasure might be in. Do you think it's worth continuing the dig at the base of the cross rock?

T

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
gollum said:
Hey T,

Mike

Mike,
I was just wondering if since the face is in profile, should we be looking in the same direction it is pointing? Or is it the cross that you want us to be aligned with?

T

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
Okay, where is everybody? I've been hearing from several experts every day via the thread of private messaging and now all of a sudden, nobody is there! Is everything copasetic? I spelled that wrong didn't I?

T

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the face (if it is one) is saying to you, is to look straight ahead. You should be looking down the long shaft of the cross. You should be able to see the landmarks, that correspond to the lines and bumps on the rock.

I would dig down a little more. Especially at the spot that I originally thought was a coiled snake. It looks like there may be more a little further doiwn.

Mike

DETREASUREHNTR

Jun 15, 2006
Bear,DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300
I am enjoying reading this post about the cache, but only can see a few of the drawings you are referring too. No matter what angle or time of day you will have shadows from the sun unless you are in the shade. Try setting your camera to the fill flash mode if you have one and see if you get anymore detail. If you are using digital you can see right away if you have blown out any detail. If you are using film, try setting your camera 1 stop over and one stop under your regular exposure. You will burn more film this way, but will have a better chance of getting the correct exposure to see what you are looking for.

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
DETREASUREHNTR said:
I am enjoying reading this post about the cache, but only can see a few of the drawings you are referring too. No matter what angle or time of day you will have shadows from the sun unless you are in the shade. Try setting your camera to the fill flash mode if you have one and see if you get anymore detail. If you are using digital you can see right away if you have blown out any detail. If you are using film, try setting your camera 1 stop over and one stop under your regular exposure. You will burn more film this way, but will have a better chance of getting the correct exposure to see what you are looking for.

Hi!
When I first started this thread I had no idea what I was doing as far as posting things, and I'm still pretty much in the same boat! If you scroll down in the Markers and Signs forum you will find another thread I had started under pretty much the same name as this one. That one will have larger pictures that you can see better. I am using a digital camera and now that I have figured out how to post the larger pictures I think it's better. Thank you for your feedback!

T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread