Speaking of 1914-D

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.

Attachments

• 14-D.jpg
    14-D.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 379

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
It is a nice coin. I know the fealing. I hunt in Pittsburgh Pa. I can imagine Philly is very similar to here. It's just bigger.

I know how it is with the wheats. The best date I got so far was a 24 D in bad shape. I find a ton of teen dates with no mints.

It's still nice to say you got one. And I agree it is fairly nice compared to most from Pa.

HH Jer

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
YOU DIDNT DIG THAT!!! :P.......... sorry i couldnt help myself! lol :D thats a great dig no matter what condition its in. the philly area soil is very hard on copper coins. i know this because all of my dug wheaties are in this condition or much worse. great find!

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
That's funny Keith. Hey I forgot to tell you about the best metal detecting club around here. That's the South Jersey Metal Detecting Club. They just had their free hunt last Sunday. It was a lot of fun. Check out their web site at WWW.SJMDC.ORG. Some people from Delaware belong to the South Jersey club, as do some old members of the now defunct Philly club. Check it out.
Bob

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hey thanks for the link. im considering joining a club, so ill add this to my favorites and check it out a little later.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Definately a keeper. I just pulled out a 1914 this week. Very dirty under the date. Heart skipped as the coin seemed to be in good shape. After a wipe...no mintmark. Oh well LoL.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread