• ATTE.jpeg
    ATTE.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 694

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
Neat. It really burns me up when people go on a rant about guns and gun owners being so bad, but yet they never think once before getting in a motor vehicle, which kill more people then guns do.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Thanks guys for looking and for your replies.

Chris that was a pretty loooong website with a ton of comments about it Thanks for posting.

Ray

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
"Guns don't kill"....umm then why do you need one then? :wink:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love It I want One!!!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of agree, we don't need gun control..

But we do need control over some that already have them... They may not have full control of their own faculties :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's a matter of freedom of choice. Some shoot pool I shoot targets. And an invasion of this country would be an invaders worst nightmare. The presents of vast numbers of firearms in the hands of the people is the main reason that the Japanese never tried an invasion on this Continent. When WWII broke out a lot of our guns were sent to England for their defence since they were banned there. Now they are banned there again. Some people never learn. History has to keep repeating itself I guess. Frank

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Dano, when the bad guys know you have a gun and can shoot back they will usually leave you alone and pick on
someone who does not have that protection.

Allen, that's right, a knife doesn't win out against a gun. LOL.

Chug and Red, Yup, having a gun can save a life. They just have to be used with common sense, no carelessness. That's
when the wrong people get hurt. When properly used, gun ownership can be a life-saver for the owner or his family.

Spart, it's like one of the popular bumper stickers say, "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns''. The American
family would be in deep trouble if all the guns were taken out of the homes because the crooks can always get them on the black
markets and they would have a field day with all the unprotected homes. I do agree with you, though, that there are a few
people that have guns that are careless with their handling and unsafe storage.

Right Frank, good answer.

Thanks to all for your great replies.

Ray

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Oh i agree Ray. If a thug knows you have a gun then he'll go elsewhere, but that brings me to another point. If you want the badguys to know you have a gun as a deterrent...why does everyone have CONCEALED carry permits? :wink:

Frankn mate...the Japanese NEVER wanted to invade the USA. All they wanted was for you to stay the hell out of what they were doing elsewhere, and you wouldn't have...so they wallopped your Navy.
Using an imaginary invasion as a defensive statement for millions of privately owned weapons is just....ridiculous!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I'm with Dano on his thinking regarding an invasion.. Frankn, it would be difficult for any foreign navy to even reach our shores as the vessels would be spotted too quickly..

On the other hand... I'll worry when one of these countries develops a really strong swimming team :laughing9:

Ray, I think you misunderstood my initial response. Apart from mishandling and unsafe storage, there are those that do not have the right mindset to own one..

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Spart, yes you are right, there those that do not have the right mindset. I was thinking of that, too but I guess I didn't
word it right to definitely include that. :thumbsup:

Ray

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI spart may I ask, until the forementioned battles, just what did the US have to actually stop an invasion in the way of ships? Except for the luck of having our carriers out at sea on maneuvers, we were effectively zero on a Pacific surface ship force after Pearl Harbour.

However they did start a form of invasion in the Aleutians.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano, regarding guns and explosives, nah they do not kill by them selves, in fact I have yet to hear of a gun going off all by itself, but when in the hands of OIRISH Patriots -------- !

I sleep with a gun, and so far it hasn't killed me.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all know my history knowledge is so so. But am I to understand that Japan wanted us to stick to our own business so they decided to bomb our navy into submission to underscore their intent? They had no other intentions than to just tell us to stay out of the war,, and take that! Just in case you feel froggy we will show you! yeah.

Weren't enemy subs sunk off of our coasts? Germany just trying to tell us to mind our own business too? If you honestly think that an invasion was never considered from any enemy you are naive at best.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Let me try put it into an easy scenario for ya Dave mate -
You want to rob the local 7/11 store but the guy who lives across the street with the 4 pitbulls and a Rottweiler is certain to interfere!
Now...do you go into the store and hope the guy and his dogs don't notice what's happening? Or do you drug/poison/shoot his dogs the day before?
Remember, you don't want to move into the store and take on the mortgage etc...you just want to rob it without problems from elsewhere.

Get the idea?

Japan NEVER wanted to invade the states! Had that been the plan then Pearl Harbor would never have happened. They snuck in close enough to carry out that attack, but why warn and hurt a nation BEFORE you attempt an invasion?? Doesn't make sense does it?

2 subs does not an invasion make! lol...The US put hundreds of subs off the coast of Russia, you never meant to invade it though...right?

(Real my old tramp friend...do you mean those "OIRISH patriots" with the same mindset as the great American patriot - Timothy McVeigh? ;) )

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
Oh i agree Ray. If a thug knows you have a gun then he'll go elsewhere, but that brings me to another point. If you want the badguys to know you have a gun as a deterrent...why does everyone have CONCEALED carry permits? :wink:

Frankn mate...the Japanese NEVER wanted to invade the USA. All they wanted was for you to stay the hell out of what they were doing elsewhere, and you wouldn't have...so they wallopped your Navy.
Using an imaginary invasion as a defensive statement for millions of privately owned weapons is just....ridiculous!

Dano, buddy. Maybe you just didn't mean to state it this way? This makes NO logical sense! Here is an easy scenario for you.

You are on a beach looking at the guys working out and say to yourself, "hey those guys are big, I am gonna go over there and b... slap about 10 of them so they will know to leave me alone". That is your exact analogy and I will allow that you never planned on playing with their weight sets, probably because you had just attempted suicide anyway.

So, what then WAS your point?

By the way, your other example about softening the ground for an INVASION of the 7/11 to rob it doesn't make sense either.. Love you man, mean it. But did you take a fall lately? You are not being coherent.

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
When or if the day ever comes, when a person with a gun, terrorist, thief, rapist whoever, I do not want to rely on a 911 call and instant response from a policeman.by the way I have called 911 here in PR 2 times and only once did they show up and they took 30 minutes because they could not find the house

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread