Spent some quality time visiting friends, building Toy Boxes and Target Shooting.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Last week, I drove to Middle Tennessee and spent some quality time with my wonderful and gracious friends, Bonnie and Brad (Limitool). Besides spending quality time with my friends from Tuesday (May 1st) to Sunday (May 6th), Brad and myself built 9 Toy Boxes and extra pieces to help him catch up on his' Toy Box inventory which he donates for needy kids for Christmas. We also spent some time dealing with and fixing equipment break downs and problems, then did some target shooting where we learned a lot about how much difference there is between what is considered quality and what is real quality .22 Long Rifle Ammunition when it comes to shooting tight groups. Brad and myself had wanted to metal detect the old Wagon Road that runs behind his' property to the Duck River and do some Spring Gobbler Hunting but the owner of the property has put his' property off-limits due to some trespassers. All in all, we had a great time visiting and no one will ever find better friends and such gracious hosts like Bonnie and Brad.

Pics of Brad's Woodworking Shop and Brad cutting wood for the Toy Boxes

0503180959a.jpg 0503180959b.jpg 0503180959c.jpg 0503181000.jpg

Pics of me cutting wood for the Toy Boxes

0503181137.jpg 0503181138.jpg 0503181138a.jpg

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the kind words Frank... I had a blast workin' with ya. And THANKS for helping me get a leg up on my inventory! I had fun doing it with you also. While we didn't solve many world problems we did laugh a lot... REMEMBER: What happens in the barn STAYS in the barn rule!!!! But in hindsight... not much happened outside of a LOT OF SAWDUST BEING MADE.

OH yea... Frank did learn to NOT screw with the planer exit table while in the upright position and cleaning under it. It came down and pinched / cut the hell out of his finger turning him into a "little girl" for about 45 seconds (been there done that myself). He went back for a "2nd opinion" 2 days later on the hurt finger also (different way). But overall.... We did have fun especially shooting the .22's for a few hours. Thanks Frank for the items you brought me also buddy.

And anybody passing through here is welcome to spend a day in the barn also cutting some wood and building some toy boxes with me!!!!! Brad

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Reads like time well spent in good company, except for the planer table.....

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Helluva nice looking shop. And kudos to you both for why you're doing for the kids! 🙌

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fellowship and charity.
Well done guys.

Your absolutely right... and thank you! I just truly wish I could figure out a way to produce these toy boxes for other communities in the same fashion that the Franklin TN. PD. and the my Centerville TN. community is now doing. With that said I know I "can't save the world" and I would be hard pressed to build, donate and supply for other's also on this scale I'm doing now. But I COULD if I had dedicated help to help me produce the toy boxes. I am very good at what I now do with them and have the process down extremely well. I couldn't imagine what a few more "Brad's & Franks" could do as a collective!!

Again... my hat is off to my good friend Frank (Huntsman53). And he is just that! I met him here on T-net also. Together we cut out stock for 9 toy boxes and assembled 6 of them about 90% complete. He really helped push progress forward. It would be really "scary" how many toy boxes in this design could be build for donations for needy children by 5-6 individuals willing to help in a week or two. Frank now has a much better idea of the process I have in place. He worked his butt off cutting boards, sanding, changing jigs, templates and learning my now present 1-man process.

Again, Fellowship and Charity is precious... WELL SAID "against the wind".... Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread