Spring Treasure Hunt - Valley Mines Mo Historic Site -April 18-19 2009 - Its On!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geodowser said:
I am workng on insurance for the owners for this and for overall purposes for their other funtions....

Your reason for not attending s appreciated... i thought i had offended you in some way.

What can i do to make people feel more comfortable ? why dont one of the regulars want to explore this
site and make this meet a reality for us all ? I dont know anymore that i can do to help ?

Good luck on your path and discovery and any finds your way down in Fla. Mabe visit with Dell
when you are down that way... he seems like a helpful person and willing to teach as i am.
in closing this post/thread i will add some info about me, what i do, why i do it, and some previous
topics years back in the forums i felt relative.

geo

Hey Geo,
If insurance is needed for the protection of the owners against all liability with MDer's being there, then I might suggest the use of liability waiver forms being used and signed by each participant. Just a suggestion, and I don't know if that would be an alternative to formal insurance protection or not.

No sir, you had not offended me. I'm just pressed for time up here, trying to finish up the last of my schooling with the normal full time load I typically carry each semester.

As far as making others feel comfortable, you might just spend some time perusing and getting to know some of us. Especially the regulars who tend to frequent this site WAY too much! *raises hand*
I have checked out the site via Sat images, and it is a large expanse of property for sure. The history is already accounted for (thanks Gyps), so I see no reason for it not being an opportune site.
If this hunt were to be pushed back (for time & preparations sake) to the 24th-26th of April, or 1st-3rd of May, I might be able to attend.

I have been in contact with Dell, and he has already offered information previously to some of my questions I had for him.
I've got some more contacts down in Florida as well, along with a bunch of great T-Net friends too!

Bran <><

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
Hi Bran,

To much to quote lol
anyway, I am aware of waivers and those will be in place.
Insurance is not a factor in all of this.
If it was, it would be @ 1000 a day for an event policy.
There are no stipulations or problems with site holidng us back.

Just a simple advance commitment of minimum people/ minimum funds to secure the site
in advance.

I was just reading of the hunt planned in Tn back in Jan ... boom 35 people in a row
say i want in $200 ahead - no seeding and then nothing.....

Florida hunt all good , people participating, more of a camp out than a serious site
for focused recoveries.... i guess it helps in sunny florida and you have a cheap
place to promote and throw in the th'ing for free.

Well i dont think that $10 bucksa day [ their basic daily access fee]
is alot to hunt 3500 acres and 50 foundations all in a row
sitting there since the 1700s.....

But i guess someone else has a better deal somewhere else and everyones attentions.
i wish them all luck. i gave it a sincere effort... to much in my opinion thus far.

so we will see what happens, and like i said, i can accomodate you/others on the dates
or have multiple dates if needed no big deal. im easy, just not real patient.
leaves coming on the trees and bugs and snakes coming out of hibernation.
am a common sense th'er and prefer prime conditions when i have the choice.

geo

let me know what you think

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Id defienetly be down with more notice But Id be comeing along way, and I have to schedule something like this months in advance. If Im lived in missouri Id already of come see you, Looking forward to seeig what gets dug there

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
scrounger said:
so where does this leave me?

I think more the question Scrounger is where did the kind people of Treasure Net Forums leave me lol.
I could have dowsed and hunted 3500 acres in the time its taken me to offer this great place.
I clearly left it as on, all this divergent post has dstracted any interest, so as even you one of the
few with interest, gets confused ......

so this has been a good experience for me i guess.
i am open to talking to anyone privately at this point.

to answer your question clearly . yes it is on. is anyone coming ? i have not a clue .
should it be like this ? no .

OP
OP
G

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
FRENCH Connection said:
Did this ever Happen?

No, It didnt :) Due to lack of interest ..... Some are contacting me privately for a visit tho.
The Site will still be there and so am i .

PMs and an email or phone # for contact will work for any interested parties.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread