Started My 6" Build

Loaded up to test.

ForumRunner_20140323_114202.png

Omni it looks like its sitting and running good! i was kinda expecting to see more water in your sluice but with the other eng. not running would explain that! now to get some gold in that box!

It was surprising actually that the balance was good. I did have a few issues...the drive pully set screw for the t80 came out and I think the impeller on the engine that was out of gas came lose. Going to tear it down today to look. It was clearing rocks just fine without the lower riffles. I ran out of welding wire so couldn't finish to test them. Maybe this upcoming weekend I'll do a full blown production test. Littlenugget and I pulled it into the faster water and it sat perfect! I was impressed. I just don't like the big barrels as they take up so much room but if I'm going to be floating it down a major river with class 1-5 rapids then I guess that whats needed. Of course I'm not going to take it over any big rapids.

I do need to set my screen height on the lower screen. I fixed it at 3/4" from the expanded and it wasn't clearing right but I think the head section might of been causing issues as I don't have it finished either. My main reason for taking it out was to check how it was riding and the water level through the box so I could trim the excess off.

Thanks guys for the thumbs up and encouragement it's been a fun project and one hell of a ride. Now to get it finished and get my 30 ounces so I can buy real pontoons!

Riffles are done. I have low profile in front that will be screened over. Larger riffles at the end. Going to make my lower screens adjustable to see if the lower section clears better.

IMG_20140324_191445.jpg

IMG_20140324_191511.jpg

Looks like a au catching mother, will look nice covered in gold:occasion14: When does the season start?

Officially the end of June but there are several areas open year round. Access to them is the problem in the winter but with the warm weather we have had I should be able to get to them as soon I am 100% done. I'm considering Jordon Creek, got to talk to some land owners to dredge or the place I have been dredging, need to come to a new agreement though. Who knows though... out of sight is out of mind. I need to make sure everything is 100% before I go. I don't want a repeat of early last year. I need to make money from the start so my wife is happy...

I'll post pics or a vid of the whole sluice system when I'm done. Need to cut down sluice height, install latches/arms and make a few minor tweaks.

Omni i really wish i lived closer to you!!! that thing ought to be a great producer of gold!

Hey, I'm going to be moving to CO at the end of this year so we will be closer!

I'm chomping at the bit to get back out and really put it through it's paces... I just about got the sluice done...had to come in and watch my son for a bit while my wife picks up our daughter...I should be 99% done by tomorrow evening. Next week I'm going to order my hose so hopefully I can get up and dredge for a day or two!

So I finally ordered my hose last night...the estimated shipping was $21 but this morning when I checked my bank they charged me $50...1st Choice Industrial
Go to their website to check order status and I get this:

Closed. For questions on existing orders please contact us:

Phone: 1-(888)-669-1737
Fax: (805)-201-6350
[email protected]

Mailing Address:
P.O. BOX 757
201 1ST ST
PARKER, SD. 57053

So I guess they either shut the doors or are down for maintenance but I find it odd to use the word closed if its for server maintenance. Sure hope I get my hose or my money back if they closed!

So to new york it should be around $500 lol Im doom if is like that..dont you know of any other seller? I guess ill have look around here for the hose or check online for some other site. I find that to be messed up charging twice from what was to be a " estimated " shipping price.

Last edited:
Well crap, as of midnight they stopped taking new orders... I just called to check on my order and they don't have kanaflex 155gy...looks like I'll be getting a refund if they don't find a source.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back