Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lmao..
Everyone should be awake by that time anyways.. Should had started at sunrise .lol

I never thought it could be so easy to make a flare.
Its crazy when you look at how much you save from buying new and experience you gain.

You are almost to the most important part of your sluice..
Have you tried using drop riffles in the under current on your 4"? I have used it on mines but next time ill be using a truck bed to cut a piece of mat out and ill try to find some woven wire mesh for the clasifier instead of punch plate .

Do you think it is better to use a woven wire mesh than a punch plate as a classifier ? if so, why is that ?

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scored this today at a scrap yard for $5.90 It's only 1/4" and I wanted 3/8". I checked every single metal supply business in the area and only one carries wire mesh and that's on 1/4". I still need some 1/8". I considered switching to 3/16" perforated metal but nobody carries that either.......

View attachment 960112 View attachment 960114

On a side note, I'm very disgruntled with Keene right now. I ordered my stuff on Monday and here it is Friday and they HAVE not shipped it yet. WTF they are about to lose a cx.

Got one of my engine's mounted and building a bracket to mount my T80 so I can adjust the belt.

I found a similar woven wire like what in your pics . But man they are expensive ! I haven't decided to buy some of this material as of yet, may be i should. There are smaller cuts in metal auctions but they don't provide the dimensions as you want. Buying a sheet is more economical in the long run.

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
Do you think it is better to use a woven wire mesh than a punch plate as a classifier ? if so, why is that ?

Well.. Woven mesh has more room for the material to clasify but it also transfer more water to the under current in a over and under. That could lead for 4" and larger rocks to hang up.

Punch plate gets clog up with tiny rocks to a point your chance for small gold to hide in the under current becomes slimmer. Your upper box get filled with more smaller material and effects the whole idea of classifing. Meaning losing smaller sized gold and maybe your bigger nuggets too because the riffles get packed with more heavy material.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a 6" dredge on sale by Dave McCracken (not sure if he built it himself or not). But it has a double screen setup with woven mesh in two sizes and also he uses expanded metal. That was a tough decision as to what to use in the classification area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread