Stellar, Stunning, Stimulating...Sterling!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ol' Sub has been under the weather for a week, slowly getting my mojo back...I went to a local park which is also a sports complex. I hit a big practice soccer field today and concentrated on the "kill zone," a name I give to the RF part of the field where the Right Forward player powers in for the goal. (I have consistently found rings and jewelry on this area of MANY soccer fields...it is a battle zone!)

Well, today did not disappoint. I got a minor explosion in my earphones and a solid, repeatable 93 on the ATpro. After super-gluing my eardrums back together, I barely had to part the grass to see this monster pressed into the soil...
Armyring1.JPGArmyring2.JPGArmyring3.JPG
A CHUNKER US Army ring marked on the inside, "J A F 950." This is my first 950 silver ring!:hello2:
This beast weighs in at 17.7 grams!

This is when it got fun. I said a "Thank you Lord" while holding it up, as I always do. Put it in the pouch and walked five paces (5) with five (5) swings of the coil and BANG, a solid, repeatable 88 on the VDI. I thought, "Cool, I can use all the quarters I can dig." But no, Mr. Lesche hacked down about four inches under the sod to find this:
Armyring4.JPGArmyring5.JPGArmyring6.JPG
A beautiful silver ichthys ring, marked on the inside, "Sterling Copyright M/O." Obviously two different drops, due to one being on the surface and one four inches deep, within 8-10 feet of each other!

I started another row of sweeping and dug this lovely relic, which I think should get me my first "banner", :laughing7: What say you?
Armyring7.JPG

Its good to be back in the swing, the weather was perfect, the soil soft and easy to dig. Happy Hunting to all, thanks for looking, Sub 8-)

Upvote 29
Two really cool rings. Nice finds. Chucke Cheese is another matter! I was only there one time for my Grandsons birthday, and that was enough.

Great looking ring, well done.

Awesome Sub! WTG!!!! That is quite a chunk'er! And a double ring score! Is it silver or platinum? That would confuse me.

You can go Banner on the Chuck E Cheese bracelet, only if it's made of cheese!

I think 950 equals platinum. That is the purity. 95% plat. 5% alloy. Congrats

Msbeepdeep,

I've dug various silver items with different purity levels from 825 up to 975 so odds are it's silver especially with the sterling stamp.

Generally platinum will have the 950 stamp with pl shown.

Regards + HH

Bill

Awesome Sub! WTG!!!! That is quite a chunk'er! And a double ring score! Is it silver or platinum? That would confuse me.

You can go Banner on the Chuck E Cheese bracelet, only if it's made of cheese!

Wow, great rings. Are JAF initials? Any return possible?

Last edited:
Killer finds,wtg.

Wonderful Silver! And a banner Rat house bracelet! Maybe Tylerbdad earphones are close by?

Awesome ring finds! Congratulations.

Sounds like a dream day. Good weather, good targets, and that bling. I would have rather been swinging the coil than work today.

I'm voting BANNER for you on the Chuck E Cheese bracelet Sub! :laughing7:

All kidding aside, those silver rings really take your breath away, congrats!

Dave

HEY THERE SUB SEE YOU GOT SOME COOL RING FINDS .

Great finds, great thread, I love those Vet finds.

I think 950 equals platinum. That is the purity. 95% plat. 5% alloy. Congrats

Sorry but there's no Sterling "platinum" DH unless it's a new marketing angle by Rolex :laughing7: If it says "Sterling" then it's silver.

BANNER on the Chuck E Cheese!! :thumbsup:

Wow Sub! Welcome back. Glad you are feeling better and what a way to make your return!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back