May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold can be anywhere from 40-75 or so depending on the size and purity.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take your wife's jewelry outside and play around with it see when it rings up

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gotta dig those pull tabs signals, nickles etc. if you aren't digging the trash, you drastically cut your odds of finding gold down. since we began earnestly digging the trash, we started finding the gold

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is true. Just keep digging all those pull tabs. Eventually the gold will be there. The ATP is a great detector and it will find the gold. But the gold has to be there.

IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Definitely the curse of gold... you just have to dig the trash to find it. On the plus side, there is still a whole lot of gold still in the ground because guys walk right over it...

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My last gold, a white gold ring was 48 / 49 on the at gold.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta dig those pull tabs signals, nickles etc. if you aren't digging the trash, you drastically cut your odds of finding gold down. since we began earnestly digging the trash, we started finding the gold

I've found my first 2 gold rings in the last month and a half or so, basically since I started digging those signals I always skipped on my ATP (40-49, 55-70)

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a couple of gold rings with my AT Pro but I too don't dig enough signals. I found a 14k with 20 diamonds that rang 60 - 62 and thought it would be trash. Over here, pull tabs ring a solid 53, but so does a gold ring. A 20 cent coin rings 60 - 62 but so dies a gold ring. Frustrates the crap outta me!!!

The only difference I have found so far but probably won't always be the case, the better the target, the more solid the number and not wide, a ring would not usually vary by more than 2 numbers but trash I usually find will jump about and come back.

My trouble is I just never know whether to leave it or not and after digging 30 or 40 targets and getting up and down, I'm done

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread