stirling broach

D

Darla

Well guys I was at it at 7:00 a.m. didn't have to put a suit on and go see clients until 10:00 so I thought I would get my finger nails dirty and guress what I found besides TRASH. I found at about 10 inches a stunning broach which dates to the victorian era and is stirling with 3 amythist stones, deffinately rates to the nicest piece of jewelry I have found. I took it to a 2 local jewelers today and they confirmend that it was sterling and that the stone was amythist.

that was it you guys the rest was junk, but I will take what will take what I can get.

happy detecting,

Darla

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Great find Darla, post a pic if you can and keep up "the good work" I'm snowed in big time and wont get out for some time. At this point you're finds will have to keep me sane so keep posting!!

kenb

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Good going Darla. Keep finding for us all. Let us see when you can. Sounds great. HH and don't worry about the manicure, tell your clients you have been working in your flower garden ;D

OP
OP
D

Darla

You are so right stoney about the manacure, it is sad to say that most of my clients can't see anyway. I deal with the elderly, I am an insurance agent dealing with medicare.

We got to 78 degrees today sure wish I was able to detect however I did secure would should turn out to be some very good future sites to go detecting as I get some time off.

happy detecting to all,

Darla

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Darla the oldsters you are helping could be a wealth of info for hunting sites! Cladius

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Darla, Hurry and post a picture. That brooch sounds really neat. Don't you have a friend, who has a sister, who has a boyfriend, who has a cousin, who has a camera??

OP
OP
D

Darla

I know that our seniors are a wealth of information and believe me they all no my hobby. Just this week I have secured 3 more locations a saw mill, old home site, and and some plantations. My time is very limmited to detect, I will be going out this weekend sat. and sunday if the weather permits so I am crossing my fingers. I have the camera but our new computer will not take the floppy disc so I need to break down and go over to a friends house and post the pics from their. I have had a lot of people wanting me to post verious pics of the louisana artillary cuff button as well as the broach and token. I will try to do that soon, I know I enjoy seeing all of the great find, it s does motivate me in to go out their and detect.

will let all of you know what I find from this weekend,

Darla

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions