strange penny score today

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
So this week I've been going to the bank every day.. each day I pick up around $5 to $15 in change.. mostly pennies and nickles.
The run has been good there's tons of key wheat dates still to find.
However today, I've opened my SECOND, SOLID PRE 1982 roll.

That's right, a roll of solid coppers... ANd what's strange is all of the rolls contain at least some old ones, but this is my SECOND solid copper roll in just 1 week.

So it seems like some other CRH has been desperate for cash and is depositing the good ones. ( poor guy)

Well, me on the other hand, have spent rolls of solid copper coins because I needed money too ( I hated to do it) but now it looks like there's a lot of them going around in the area.

I always ask for CR rolls ( customer rolled) because they are always the best and I've never gotten a CR skunk with pennies before.

Shine on :icon_sunny:

ps- non another note, one bank is giving out machine wrapped 2010 pennies only, and the other bank says they have people asking for the new shiny ones beause they never get them... Funny how it works.

Upvote 0

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had a solid copper roll. About 50% is the best I've ever done. I don't think it is another CRH'er. Probably just some person who wrapped up grandpa's jar of pennies and turned them in. I'd go back to that same bank and get as many more rolls as possible. There could be quite a few more left to find.

OP
OP
FiresEye

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
WHat's really funny is that it could have been one of my very own penny rolls that I spent at the gas station, they took to the bank, and I got back...
How cool would that be.

Also, the cashier at the grocery store I turn pennies in at has a huge crush on me ... :) She was explaining about the costume she's going to wear to work tommorow, etc.. I need to just ask her out for some coffee..

Of course, my CRH hobby will remain a secret :)

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
It is not always some poor guy that dumps. Could be someone got tired of moving them around. I hoarded the copper for a while but when I moved and lost my storage I dumped them into the counter by the ballistic bag. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I may regret it years from now. This was in June. I bought some junk silver with the cash. Seems like a good deal now :headbang: If a CRH stumbles on the boxes that comes from these cents they are gonna be shocked with about twenty straight solid boxes. I did keep the wheat cents.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread