"Subforums, yes or no?"

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
POLL: "Subforums, yes or no?"

Hey mods, since majority ruled for changing the CRH'ing forum to include sub-forums such as CRH logs, cents, nickels, dimes, quarters, halves, and dollars, and there seems to be little activity going on with those sub-forums and most activity is below on the normal forum, can we vote whether to keep the sub-forums or not?

I do like the CRH log idea, but honestly think the others should go(I vote to keep only the CRH Log sub-forum)... I appreciate all you guys and gals do for treasurenet, but some things just don't always work out.
Thank you,
BuffaloBoy.

note: please don't make this a heated debate, I am just trying to get my point across
occasion14.gif

voting to support thesub-forums will keep them all,
voting against the sub-forums will delete them all, and keep the CRH log sub-forum :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The current vote is 48 no to 8 yes, I am starting to question the "vocal majority" in this poll, because I know for sure the majority dislikes the new subforums by a landslide.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but a month's trial is not enough time, also, I'll be "bumping" threads all the time because 1 post or thread I made, would be on the next page over night because the forum was so big and disorganized. I say have an official poll on the websites home page open to users with 10 or more posts (if that is possible). Also, a public poll so we (the posters), are the ones deciding the results. Not the potential "fake accounts!", that can vote in an anonymous poll. 44 votes, I wonder how many of those 44 have actually posted.

The reason your thread would move to the next page overnight wasn't because the site was disorganized, but because your thread probably wasn't interesting... I have had many posts that only get a few comments and then get ignored... Who cares? I make threads to share my finds with people, not for attention.. Also, everyone knows you were the one who initially wanted these subforums, because you started that thread about it awhile ago.. I have to be honest, the subforums really don't bother me that much, but you have to acknowledge and respect that people don't like them.. Also, I highly doubt there is a treasurenet conspiracy to open new accounts and vote on this poll just shut you out.. Stop trying to stomp your feet and throw a tantrum by saying you are just gonna bump your threads all the time if it goes back to the way it used to be.. It really isn't that big a deal dude.. It's just an online treasure site..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The current vote is 48 no to 8 yes, I am starting to question the "vocal majority" in this poll, because I know for sure the majority dislikes the new subforums by a landslide.

No where was it ever said the "vocal majority" wanted the subforums, I said we have gotten many requests for the subforums over the last year....

Anyone who signs up under multiple names just to vote and caught will find they cant post under any names as it is a violation of our rules to do so and it would be considered a major violation to do so just to vote twice....

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, but i was just sayin, somebody mentioned the change due to the vocal majority.
No where was it ever said the "vocal majority" wanted the subforums, I said we have gotten many requests for the subforums over the last year....

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, and I remember that exact phrase being used

I know and I keep getting grilled for using the direct phrase from a fellow treasueenet member (I will not use his/her name because i guarantee this post will be deleted if I do)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I had said I was under the impression the "Vocal Majority" wanted it.
I do know I received PM's requesting it,
which I consider Vocal

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I had said I was under the impression the "Vocal Majority" wanted it.
I do know I received PM's requesting it,
which I consider Vocal

Yes, so I used a quote from you about the vocal majority, hope you don't mind, friend.

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've decided that the subs don't really matter to me. I would be just as happy with the forum with or without the subs. I voted yes but I really don't have a strong opinion at this point.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still a no on the sub forums. However it would be nice if posts went into sub categories and in the list format at the same time. To bad that is way to much work then you could view it either way.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vocal majority <= 10. That's the minority of the 100+ people who view this forum on a daily basis.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel this topic needs to be bumped because EVERY VOTE COUNTS... please, people of treasurenet, please cast your vote, do you like the sub-forums or not?

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be voting late but I'm with keeping the log sub forum and getting rid of all the other ones. HH everyone.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to thank all who participated in this poll, the majority was clearly shown by this post... happy hunting folks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions