Sun, Rain, Field & Church.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Compiled my last three or so hunts into this post. Finally getting some much appreciated rain. From the field Monday I got a quick 1923 green Wheatie. Dug an old crunched two piece Eagle cuff button. Been hoping to find some CW or earlier flat buttons from the field. Got the other crunched button as well. Dug an old horse tack rivet with a chunk of leather still intact. Don't find many with the leather hanging on. Cool find of the field hunt was the old Ford #54 key. Model T Ford key from the 20's. Found a mystery piece of "aluminum" with a few letters stamped on it. "& Co."? Thought it was basic can slaw.

I stayed in my home town and did some hunting in the drizzle. Found the deep old pocket watch back in the church across the street. Also got the tiny domed fastener thingy. Then the big amber diamond cut Bling with the brass around the edge. Got my third pocket knife this week there as well. I have hammered this old church since 2009 and it still keeps giving up old stuff. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Multi Hunt Field Church 001.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 002.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 006.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 011.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 012.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 014.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 017.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 019.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 021.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 020.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 023.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 26

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, a Model T, or at least I think so after googling it. Nice stuff!

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice bunch of finds you've accumulated there.
I like the old Ford ​key.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice bunch of finds you've accumulated there.
I like the old Ford ​key.

Thanks Tired Rooster. I believe it's an old Model T Ford key. Probably from the 20's. My first one I believe and I really love it. Ya' never know what you'll find in a corn field?:thumbsup:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of relics going on there...cool dig on the pocket watch, and the old key, and button. It's all good!! You take one heck of a good pic too.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of relics going on there...cool dig on the pocket watch, and the old key, and button. It's all good!! You take one heck of a good pic too.

I am an old Pentax ME Super 35mm film jockey from the "old" days. Had lots of practice snapping photos and finally getting used to the new Olympus TG 4. Still lots of things I don't know about my camera but, I am liking it's ability to snap a nice pic. Thanks for chiming in ya' old mountain goat!:laughing7:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff Kurios! I take it there's a lot of ground at that church to cover, you've been plundering there for a long time! Keep looting and posting...Ddf

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff Kurios! I take it there's a lot of ground at that church to cover, you've been plundering there for a long time! Keep looting and posting...Ddf

Not really much turf. Also it was hunted pretty hard in the analog days. Just lots of stuff in the ground. Not much left but, "iffy" signals. I did manage a very nice 1888 V Nickel this year so I keep pounding it when the ground is saturated.:hello:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a lot of fun! Nice ! Thanks for sharing.

I have been having FUN! Finally gaining lots of permission via farm ground so hunting has taken on a completely new dimension for me. Also many new challenges as to locating the spots of activity in these WIDE OPEN spaces of dirt. LOVING IT!:love4:

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Thats a nice mixed bag of finds..Very cool..!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Still on a roll I see. Yeah is nice to have this rain. Should set up an interesting weekend for hunting! Like the key:thumbsup:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just incredible. Drooling over the key and watch.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some nice recoveries, liking the key.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging that sweet assortment of finds Kurios. I love to dig pocket watched and gears. That Ford Key is also a cool piece.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am digging the pre-WW2 Ford key. Good show K1.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread