Sun, Rain, Field & Church.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Compiled my last three or so hunts into this post. Finally getting some much appreciated rain. From the field Monday I got a quick 1923 green Wheatie. Dug an old crunched two piece Eagle cuff button. Been hoping to find some CW or earlier flat buttons from the field. Got the other crunched button as well. Dug an old horse tack rivet with a chunk of leather still intact. Don't find many with the leather hanging on. Cool find of the field hunt was the old Ford #54 key. Model T Ford key from the 20's. Found a mystery piece of "aluminum" with a few letters stamped on it. "& Co."? Thought it was basic can slaw.

I stayed in my home town and did some hunting in the drizzle. Found the deep old pocket watch back in the church across the street. Also got the tiny domed fastener thingy. Then the big amber diamond cut Bling with the brass around the edge. Got my third pocket knife this week there as well. I have hammered this old church since 2009 and it still keeps giving up old stuff. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Multi Hunt Field Church 001.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 002.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 006.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 011.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 012.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 014.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 017.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 019.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 021.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 020.JPG Multi Hunt Field Church 023.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 26
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice recoveries, liking the key.

I was grinning when I scored the old Model T Ford key. I knew it was an old and cool find. Love relics that represent our manufacturing heritage. It's still raining or drizzling here so I can actually hunt some sodded turf along with the fields. Been over six weeks since I really hunted much sod. Going out around my town to see what I might scrounge up.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still on a roll I see. Yeah is nice to have this rain. Should set up an interesting weekend for hunting! Like the key:thumbsup:

Indeed it will. We actually have enough moisture in our soil to hunt some sodded turf! Been well over a month since the ground in my area has had enough saturation for better signals and digging. Going turf hunting in my little community right now!:hello:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gotto love that Model T Key.
Nice hunting

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love that Model T Ford key. That is a BEAUTY. I dug one this summer but broke it in two with my shovel. Probably my biggest "kick-me" moment of the year. That wheat penny looks great too!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its nice to see you can hit a spot for 8 years and still pull out awesome finds!
The Model-T key is awesome! Found a #52 in my park a few months ago. Made my hunt that day!
Looks like it did for you too! Way to go!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice mix! I just can't get enough of opening a plug and seeing something recognizable staring up at me from the bottom.

Good job!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice mix! I just can't get enough of opening a plug and seeing something recognizable staring up at me from the bottom.

Good job!

Ha ha! Indeed. I believe it's all part of our therapy. As young children many of us wanted to become "heroes" like a fire fighter, policeman, etc. I reckon rescuing coins and relics from their "graves" is somewhat a "heroic" task which provides a bit of wellness for our soul. My philosophical rendition of why I do what I do I suppose. I hope you are well and blessed this fine day my friend!:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions