Sunday Hunt Results

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing a little research I noticed that one of my banks has a few branches open on Sundays. These branches were a bit of a distance from me (around 30 minutes away), but since I really didn't feel like doing the work that I should've done today I decided to go grab some coin. The first branch had rude tellers who were snarky when I asked for halves and then said they could spare any rolls of other denominations. No worries, I headed off to branch two. They also had no halves, but they were more than happy to sell me a box of dimes and a box of quarters. The dime box was a skunk, but the quarter box produced the only silver of the day in about the fifth roll. A slightly dirty 1964 Washington. I'll take it and don't buy into the hype that silver doesn't exist in the MWR's of quarters.

That makes 2 silver quarters in under $2k of quarters (<4 boxes) searched.

Here's the pic:
quarter.jpg

Upvote 0

BenS

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I went today for the first time and got 10 rolls (all they had, and no halves there either). Tons of 1965's but no silver. Glad you found one!

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fish on!!!

Haha. We are just a few weeks away from fishing season getting going around here. I can't wait. I'll probably slow down on the coin roll hunting then. My buddies were all in the OBX this weekend. They hooked a 90+ inch bluefin tuna. They fought it for 45 minutes and then a great white ate it. They were seriously upset.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread