Sunday Hunt Results

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing a little research I noticed that one of my banks has a few branches open on Sundays. These branches were a bit of a distance from me (around 30 minutes away), but since I really didn't feel like doing the work that I should've done today I decided to go grab some coin. The first branch had rude tellers who were snarky when I asked for halves and then said they could spare any rolls of other denominations. No worries, I headed off to branch two. They also had no halves, but they were more than happy to sell me a box of dimes and a box of quarters. The dime box was a skunk, but the quarter box produced the only silver of the day in about the fifth roll. A slightly dirty 1964 Washington. I'll take it and don't buy into the hype that silver doesn't exist in the MWR's of quarters.

That makes 2 silver quarters in under $2k of quarters (<4 boxes) searched.

Here's the pic:
quarter.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice. I went today for the first time and got 10 rolls (all they had, and no halves there either). Tons of 1965's but no silver. Glad you found one!

Fish on!!!

Haha. We are just a few weeks away from fishing season getting going around here. I can't wait. I'll probably slow down on the coin roll hunting then. My buddies were all in the OBX this weekend. They hooked a 90+ inch bluefin tuna. They fought it for 45 minutes and then a great white ate it. They were seriously upset.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back