Sunday Schoolyard Finds - Diamond earring

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Got out for 3 - 1/2 hours Sunday and finally got time to scan and post this thread. Went to another schoolyard in the "well off" part of town.

Had a great day, lots of finds. 115 coins with $7.58 face value.
Keepers were 2 wheats 1950 D & 1945, two Sterling earrings, and best of all, a 14kt earring with a sweet princess cut 0.20 ct diamond in it. I found that and one of the sterling ones on the sidelines of the soccer field. I only got to search about 10% of the sidelines when kids started showing up for their games so I had to move to the play structure areas and grassy areas.

This school had more play structures then any I have seen. They went all the way around the school. They had been searched recently but I still found quite a bit in the ones behind the school. Nothing in the ones in front. I also found a lot of junk jewelry, some shown here.

I dug an interesting copper religious metal and a foreign coin. I could use some help IDing the coin. On the back it says "10 Forint", the front says the date, 1993 and "MAGYAR KOZTARSASAG". I have no idea where it's from.

Anyway, I'm a happy camper and it was also a beautiful day out there. A great mental health adjustment.

Best of luck to you all!

BDoo

Attachments

• Keepers Front.jpg
    Keepers Front.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 682
  • Keepers Side.jpg
    Keepers Side.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 680
  • Junk Jewelry.jpg
    Junk Jewelry.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 662
  • Coin Medal.jpg
    Coin Medal.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 681
  • Coin Metal Back.jpg
    Coin Metal Back.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 697
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
diggummup said:
I like the medallion next to the foreign coin What does it say on it? Looks like it was a Nice day!

Hello Digg...

I took it to work and scoped it and the medallion has hebrew writing... so I have no idea what it says. It's a religious thing I think. Plus the green coating wore a bit while in my pocket with my posket change and dang, the thing appears to be silver. I found this fairly deep, in a grassy area so I was wondering why it hadn't corroded more. I jingled it with some mercs and clad and I do think it is silver now. Unexpected surprize.

Also... thanks for the visits and comments Dave/Bobbie and GC.

Smiles!BDoo

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds,

hh

lonewolfe

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Bdoo! That diamond is a nice size and worth a few $$$ if it's real! You had a good day out for sure and HH, Mike

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Your "junk" jewelry looks good. ;D ;D That is a lot of coins too. I like finding those quarters - nice good signal, easy to find. The dimes can sometimes be a little tricky. I'll have to try digging everything sometime - especially at those newer sites where there is jewelry.

Mirage

S

southbound

Congrats on all the great jewelry and the coins! The medal is cool.
Vern

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
the green medallion looks like it was made from a buffalo. i don't know the size, but the face profile looks similar...is it nickel-sized?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread