Sunday trip

Troy Palmer

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2012
Irvine, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HB,
I would be interested if your thinking about going this coming Sunday 11/25. I was planning on going Solo to East Fork- but wouldn't mind going to Cajon Creek if you have a spot with color? I'm always looking for new places. LMK- Troy Palmer 714-227-4253
Thanks
Troy

Oakstrails

May 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Just Me
For the time being
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I should be able to go. Don't think I have anything pending on Sunday. I was up Cajon 2 Sundays ago with a friend from work. It was kind of a test run on a homemade gravity fed "Hydrocon" type unit I have been messing with. Needs a little more gpm than I had, therefore wasn't able to process as much material as I wanted to. I'll keep in touch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hbprospector

Jun 16, 2009
Very cool, we are going to park at the portapotty. And go up stream from there. Bringing a long tom and a highbanker. Its going to be in the eighties so it should be a great day.

OP
OP
H

hbprospector

Jun 16, 2009
Looking forward to sunday's dig. There is nothing like a 80 degree day in nov., easy digging and yellow metal even if it is small. that's what pays the bills. :)

Troy Palmer

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2012
Irvine, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking forward to sunday's dig. There is nothing like a 80 degree day in nov., easy digging and yellow metal even if it is small. that's what pays the bills. :)

Jeff,
Plans confirmed- I'm planning on heading out Sunday morning. I will call you at 6am when I exit the 15 at Kenwood. I've already began to CARB up in preperation for Sunday. I will have my A51, long&short shovel, buckets, 2/4/8 classifiers, and breaker bar (big green). Do you need anthing else?
Thanks again for the invite- looking forward to learning and meeting new people with commen interests.
Thanks
Troy

OP
OP
H

hbprospector

Jun 16, 2009
Very cool, I have pretty much everything now. I'm bring the long tom, highbanker, shovels and buckets. Its going to be a great day.

Oakstrails

May 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Just Me
For the time being
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sunday will be a good day. I'm jazzed a ready to dig. Just wish I had my own sluice. I'll have my digging tools and 2" hand pump.
Hope everything works including me. LOL

OP
OP
H

hbprospector

Jun 16, 2009
Today was pretty fun. Dug with oakstrail and troy. We found a little bit. I'll be back for some more soon

Troy Palmer

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2012
Irvine, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff and Oak,
Thanks for the invite and I had fun and might have learned a few things today. Ended up with two flakes and seven fly poops for a total of NINE visiable pieces of color. Wanted more but can't complain. Easy acess with no one around.
Thanks
Troy

Oakstrails

May 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Just Me
For the time being
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff & Troy
Thanks for having me along again Jeff.
I had a real good time today. Ya, not much but got a little fresh air & excersise. Thanks Guys, for being so easy to work around. It was good to meet Troy and gald I had a the chance to hang out a bit longer with him. It was a pleasure Troy. Hell, I felt a kid again. Even got mud on my shirt. After I played around in the river I had a bit of daylight left so I went up on the road a bit & classified some dry material from an area I have my sites set on. Can't wait to run some test pans from the cons I brought back. Could be interesting and looked promising. I'll get back with you all on that later. Here's a pic of Troy's Fly Poop & pics of the area up the road a bit. Good Luck To All

2012-11-25 One of Troy's Fly Poop.jpg Sandwiched.jpg Homers Full.jpg

Last edited:

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I would've caught this thread earlier. I was in the Pickle Creek area today at noon. Came home with a bucket of black mud I need to go through. Sounds like a good time was had.

OP
OP
H

hbprospector

Jun 16, 2009
Had a total blast hanging out with you guys. I should have waited though. I got sicker than a dog. We will plan another dig soon.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice longboard. :)

rawdog

Aug 31, 2012