Super 12 or DD coil best for beach?

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Bridge End Farm said:
ok I run a DFX and just bought a used Beach Hunter Id, (new Jan 08) should have it next week in hand and in the surf. I have every coil almost for my dfx from the 5.3, 950, DD1400 and the super 12. If I understand you all right I can put these coils on the Beach Hunter? It doesn't have a hard wired coil on it. what do you run your knobs at if I may ask.

ok learned the coils won't work :( what do you all run setting wize if you don't mind my asking

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bridge End Farm said:
Bridge End Farm said:
ok I run a DFX and just bought a used Beach Hunter Id, (new Jan 08) should have it next week in hand and in the surf. I have every coil almost for my dfx from the 5.3, 950, DD1400 and the super 12. If I understand you all right I can put these coils on the Beach Hunter? It doesn't have a hard wired coil on it. what do you run your knobs at if I may ask.

ok learned the coils won't work :( what do you all run setting wize if you don't mind my asking
You can use all DFX coils on the Beach Hunter ID.....BUT...they must be hard wired...send them in to the Whites service center to have this done.....as far as settings you use the factory set up to start...push up the sensitivity as you can with out falsing....search the forum for Beach Hunter settings.....theres some good tricks out there to try!! good luck!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
BEACH-HUNTER said:
Bridge End Farm said:
Bridge End Farm said:

You can use all DFX coils on the Beach Hunter ID.....BUT...they must be hard wired...send them in to the Whites service center to have this done.....as far as settings you use the factory set up to start...push up the sensitivity as you can with out falsing....search the forum for Beach Hunter settings.....theres some good tricks out there to try!! good luck!

Thanks for the advise, how long was your away when you sent it in to have a 12 placed on it?

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
just a bit over a week!! door to door!! I live in MASS sent it to VA.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
BEACH-HUNTER said:
just a bit over a week!! door to door!! I live in MASS sent it to VA.

I called Whites VA today, they said that my 12 coil I have for my DFX has a shorter chord than the one they use on the Beach Hunter, other than that it is the same. I would't be able to hip mount it. I didn't ask the footage difference. Thier coil 199.00 plus an hour labor roughly 60.00 more bucks. Put a connector on the 950 coil so I can use it on my DFX for 20.00 bucks. I know the 12 in greatly improves my DFX depth. What do you all think? worth it?

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
MY 12 INCH COIL HAS PAYED FOR ITS SELF ABOUT 10 TIMES ALREADY!!! ITS GOT ME A BUNCH OF SILVER AND GOLD!! SOME DEEP STUFF TOO!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions