Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was cordially invited to MD with two fellow TN members Andy (DD-777) and Chris today about two hours away. I guess they have never seen that picture of me in a dress. (Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) :tongue3:
We hunted a early 1900's property, and I had my first chance at MDing in a soybean field. :thumbsup:
We tried to locate an old Colonial foundation out in the woods but had no luck. (yet)
We did however find a very cool OLD cemetery in the woods with some mark stones. * See Andy's (DD-777) post for pictures.
I had a little luck and found a neat pin of some sort. A collar pin I believe. :icon_scratch: It has a set of wings and a propeller on it.
Any idea what this symbol is & how old the pin could be? ???
Other finds were an old brass spigot, brass buckle, and a REM 44 Mag bullet.
Wait until you see what Andy found right off the bat!!! YOU BIG DOG!!! (Let me know when we can trade :tongue3: )
Andy and Chris are super nice guys folks. Andy kept asking me if I had a good time, and he even shared his beef jerky with me. Only a good friend would do that. ;D :wink: I had a GREAT time out MDing today. It was so beautiful and peaceful out there in the country. :icon_sunny:
To top it off, Andy knew I am an old Pontiac nut and gave me this fantastic picture that HE SHOT HIMSELF!!! This is my best Indian Head ever.
Thanks so much for the invite. I got out of doing housework too, so that was great! :tard: :tongue3: :tard: :tongue3: :icon_jokercolor:
Chris, If you ever lose that one pound gold & diamond ring you were wearing today please let me know. That ring was awesome!!!
Thanks guys,
Doug

Attachments

• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 653
  • MVC-025S.JPG
    MVC-025S.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 665
  • MVC-026S.JPG
    MVC-026S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 658
  • MVC-027S.JPG
    MVC-027S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 659
  • MVC-028S.JPG
    MVC-028S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 657
  • MVC-029S.JPG
    MVC-029S.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 656
  • 17 (Medium).jpg
    17 (Medium).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 656
  • 19 (Medium).jpg
    19 (Medium).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 668
Upvote 0

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doug, I'm glad all of you guys had a great time hunting together. . . and in some warmer weather than up here :)

And that "Indian" is very neat as well!

Take care,
watercolor

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Doug, I'm not sure what head looks better; yours or the Indian's. ;D ;D :sign10: :tongue7:

That's great you got to meet other Tnet members for a hunt!
Glad you had a good time.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
A great day it certainly was - Chris has been researching that pin and I think he's got it nailed down for you. Pretty sure it's from the Army Air Corp. That video is hilarious too - thanks again for the comin' out and for that amazing bullet as well. As soon as those beans get cut you gotta' come out again - we'll find that homesite for sure - and I'll have a tray of lasagna for you as well... ;D

P.S. - thanks for leaving the dress at home... :D

Chris - you have to post a picture of that twelve pound ring you were wearing today... :wink:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol I love posts like this where folks get together and have so much fun and such cool things you guys found too! Thanks for taking us along and you are right, that pontiac is a great find itself!! Nice shooting and what a sweet gift! Now hurry up and go find more stuff! ;D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mac In Oak Ridge said:
Looks like an Army Air Corps emblem to me.

Yep, looks like a flyboy emblem to me too. Great finds too. :thumbsup:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice pin MM :thumbsup: looks like you guys had a blast, good luck at the spot.
Glenn

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo Modern Miner

From the land ofthe Bluenose.....that spigot is neat and not an everyday find. Nice button.....neat looking anddon't have a clue on it. real treasure ............getting out with the Buds.

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
It looks like you had a great time out there Doug and that's what it's all about. This keeps the demons of everyday life from dragging you down in the gutters with them. Congratulations on that awesome pin. It sure is cool. :thumbsup:
Chris

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very neat collar disc?, WTG!!!
I like finding those spigots too, neat.
Also, maybe it was the pic of you in the drees that got you invited,,, ;D :icon_jokercolor:
Continued good luck, & Happy hunting~

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Hey Doug, I read the first part of your post and looked all over for an Indian head penny.... :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

THEN I read the rest! :D

Looks like a superb day!! Congrats on the finds and on the great hunt!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Neil

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A beautiful day in the country is a treasure in itself :thumbsup:

Nice finds Doug..that pin is really cool, never seen one like it before..hopefully someone here can ID it.

Nat

Maverick29

Oct 26, 2008
Hey doug, I looked up the button and it is a WWII Army Air Corps Collar button. Ill get a pic up of my one pound ring later this week. Cleaned up the two pennys I found. One was a 1950 and 1952. Will get pics up the same time I get one up of my ring. Talk to you later and hope you can come back to the Maverick site again. Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread