Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was cordially invited to MD with two fellow TN members Andy (DD-777) and Chris today about two hours away. I guess they have never seen that picture of me in a dress. (Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) :tongue3:
We hunted a early 1900's property, and I had my first chance at MDing in a soybean field. :thumbsup:
We tried to locate an old Colonial foundation out in the woods but had no luck. (yet)
We did however find a very cool OLD cemetery in the woods with some mark stones. * See Andy's (DD-777) post for pictures.
I had a little luck and found a neat pin of some sort. A collar pin I believe. :icon_scratch: It has a set of wings and a propeller on it.
Any idea what this symbol is & how old the pin could be? ???
Other finds were an old brass spigot, brass buckle, and a REM 44 Mag bullet.
Wait until you see what Andy found right off the bat!!! YOU BIG DOG!!! (Let me know when we can trade :tongue3: )
Andy and Chris are super nice guys folks. Andy kept asking me if I had a good time, and he even shared his beef jerky with me. Only a good friend would do that. ;D :wink: I had a GREAT time out MDing today. It was so beautiful and peaceful out there in the country. :icon_sunny:
To top it off, Andy knew I am an old Pontiac nut and gave me this fantastic picture that HE SHOT HIMSELF!!! This is my best Indian Head ever.
Thanks so much for the invite. I got out of doing housework too, so that was great! :tard: :tongue3: :tard: :tongue3: :icon_jokercolor:
Chris, If you ever lose that one pound gold & diamond ring you were wearing today please let me know. That ring was awesome!!!
Thanks guys,
Doug

Attachments

• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 654
  • MVC-025S.JPG
    MVC-025S.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 666
  • MVC-026S.JPG
    MVC-026S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 659
  • MVC-027S.JPG
    MVC-027S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 660
  • MVC-028S.JPG
    MVC-028S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 658
  • MVC-029S.JPG
    MVC-029S.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 657
  • 17 (Medium).jpg
    17 (Medium).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 657
  • 19 (Medium).jpg
    19 (Medium).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 669
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Doug, I'm not sure what head looks better; yours or the Indian's. ;D ;D :sign10: :tongue7:

That's great you got to meet other Tnet members for a hunt!
Glad you had a good time.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan,
I'd have to go with the Indian on that one. :tongue3: ;D :wink:
Thanks,
Chief Squatalot

Leon said:
Very neat collar disc?, WTG!!!
I like finding those spigots too, neat.
Also, maybe it was the pic of you in the dress that got you invited,,, ;D :icon_jokercolor:
Continued good luck, & Happy hunting~

Leon,
You may be on to something there. :icon_scratch: ;D :wink: I'll make sure I cover my holes when I go with those two skeaky guys. :tard:
-Doug-
mave2535 said:
Hey doug, I looked up the button and it is a WWII Army Air Corps Collar button. Ill get a pic up of my one pound ring later this week. Cleaned up the two pennys I found. One was a 1950 and 1952. Will get pics up the same time I get one up of my ring. Talk to you later and hope you can come back to the Maverick site again. Chris

Chris,
Thanks for looking that up for me. Now I can label it accordingly.
Congrats on the two wheats. :thumbsup: I think you guys will find a lot more out there, but you'll have to clear out a lot of that junk first.
Thanks again,
Doug

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Looks like you had a great time. Congrats on the finds.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread