Super Tune?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To super tune a Tesoro detector you ground balance in all metal with the threshold at a slight hum. Switch it to Discrminate and then turn the Threshold knob all the way to the right or clock wise. The all metal mode won't work right if you switch it back till you lower the threshold again. This makes the detector more sensitive and deeper. How deep works differently in different locations. But six inches is about right on my detectors. Note: This will find small bird shot or tiny nuggets.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
To super tune a Tesoro detector you ground balance in all metal with the threshold at a slight hum. Switch it to Discrminate and then turn the Threshold knob all the way to the right or clock wise. The all metal mode won't work right if you switch it back till you lower the threshold again. This makes the detector more sensitive and deeper. How deep works differently in different locations. But six inches is about right on my detectors. Note: This will find small bird shot or tiny nuggets.

Good description, Sandman. geckokid, you can go to the Tesoro website and find that question answered in their FAQs, also.

OP
OP
geckokid

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
I give it a shot when the Eldorado metal detector arrives.
Its coming from Wisconsin it was shipped on Friday so I get it on the Wednesday 14 Nov.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread