• 90891.jpg
    90891.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,949

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Re: Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania Treasure........... and the Susquehanna Riv

Hello friends,
I have never seen that place where you shot those photos - what a striking place! Almost like a natural fortress! Now I really wonder about it, if it is all 100% natural or not? How far from the river is it (generally speaking) today, of course the river may have been in a different spot centuries ago and probably WAS.

Oroblanco

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania Treasure........... and the Susquehanna Riv

post #38 picture could easily have been a watch tower with a ladder and platform added

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Hello again,
While the stone blocks shown above are huge, this should not rule out human hands in placing them - some of the stone blocks at Baalbek (in ancient Phoenicia) weigh 800 to 1000 tons! Here is a photo of one, called the Pregnant Woman stone still at the quarry:
mpl_5bk.jpg

Huge blocks were incorporated in the Second Temple built by Herod, and huge blocks were used in Tiahuanaco and the massive fortress of Sacsahuaman in Peru. It is a most interesting site, worth examining more closely in my opinion.
Oroblanco

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hi gang,

Great thread !!!

Oroblanco,
Your theories are well thought out.You have done your research !
Keep going and you will be the next Barry Fell !!!!

I do believe there was much contact between the Old and New world.
This would explain the stoneworks all over the Eastern US that the archies
will not even discuss.Especially in the NorthEastern US.

Please put me on your list for people who want a copy of your book,

Take Care,
Mike in SC

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

send cannonman one also ;)

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Thanks Mike in SC for the kind words, I will keep you posted of progress on the book, and will keep Cannonman in mind too.

Treasure hunters are really a bit like archaeologists in searching for ancient artifacts, coins etc and there have been many instances where a fellow with a metal detector has turned up proof that shows our history books wrong. Many places have far more history than is found in the books, and the idea that the Americas were in utter isolation from the end of the Ice age to Leif Erikson is just wrong. There are evidences of many visitors, some with less impact (like an accidental crossing) and others with more (like an attempted colony), but one thing is for certain - when you get out there metal detecting you really can never guess just what you might find next! It could be anything from a pull-tab to a chest full of pirate treasure to you-name-it. I am expecting more ancient coins will be found in particular states, and every year one or two is reported (I can only guess that more must be found that are never reported) which fit with some level of contact taking place in ancient times. I would not say it was large scale contact or we would have large, incontrovertible proof - but for there to have been NO contact we must have NO evidence of any contact.

Thanks again, please keep us posted as to what you learn about this most intriguing site Jeff? I am half expecting that there are relics and/or coins to be found in or around those massive stones.

Roy ~ Oroblanco

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblabco:

the location is about 30 mile from the Susq. River & on top of
Gold Mine Mountain.

The site was used by the indians, for Religeous Ceremonies.

there is supposed to be an Indian buried somewhere around the
wales head, If the stories are true.

it was said to have been used as a Lookout & for sending
smoke signals to attacking parties of indians during the
French & Indian war. (1750's)

Years ago Arrowheads and Tomahawks were found proving this.
they called it "point of Rocks"

it is said they may be the result of a narrow tongue of the great
Glacier of the prehistoric ice age, although most geologists
say that the southern limits of the glacier was the Pocono mountains.
about 50 miles to the north.

now a little disturbing news with a possible silver lining.
http://www.rockclimbing.com/topic/119943

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the info - and they could be natural, just looks man-altered to my eye. Perhaps in person they look much more like the work of nature.

Sounds like a fairly key strategic point, which would have been a key strategic point for many centuries! Sure wish I had made a trip there to poke around when I was still living in PA...

I read that link, I can see the cloud (aren't some people just SCUM? What do they get out of despoiling the beauty of nature? Infamy? I hope to God that they are found out and caught, and made to go and clean up the graffiti they left.) but can't see the possible silver lining? I am slow tonight, can you give me a hint?

Oroblanco

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco said:
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the info - and they could be natural, just looks man-altered to my eye. Perhaps in person they look much more like the work of nature.

Sounds like a fairly key strategic point, which would have been a key strategic point for many centuries! Sure wish I had made a trip there to poke around when I was still living in PA...

I read that link, I can see the cloud (aren't some people just SCUM? What do they get out of despoiling the beauty of nature? Infamy? I hope to God that they are found out and caught, and made to go and clean up the graffiti they left.) but can't see the possible silver lining? I am slow tonight, can you give me a hint?

Oroblanco

Actually as I said somewhere else here.
When your Standing looking at it in person,
it looks like there used to be a race of Giants here.
(Not 10 foot tall people, 100 Ft. Giants)
and they built a wall. alot of it looks hand placed,
with Perfectly Cut Corners on the Blocks.
Millions of years of Wind Erosion ?

What I meant by silver lining, is the rock climbers,
getting together with the Game Commission to try and clean
the place up.
I plan on watching that forum, and if weather permits, which I'm sure it will, as they will need a nice weekend.
I just may go up, and offer to help, and try and get on the right side
of the game commission right away.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

What I meant by silver lining, is the rock climbers,
getting together with the Game Commission to try and clean
the place up

As Homer Simpson would say, "DOH"! That did not occur to me, but yes that does seem like it could lead to greater access! I like the way you think! Good luck and good hunting, perhaps the graffiti will lead to new discoveries being made! (As they say, the Lord works in mysterious ways?) ;)

Oroblanco

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gday all,
I hope the contributors of this thread are still around as I wish to thank them for the immense wealth of information provided by this thread. Since this is my "introduction" to the forum I will also say a little about me. Live in Mount Holly Springs Pennsylvania, I work in the IT field and am an avid reader.

The subjects presented here are excellent, both information wise and in the very professional attitudes of those presenting them. If any of the contributors to this thread are still here, I would really like to get together and chit-chat. My better half told me my Christmas present and that too is why I am here. To find a "buddy" so to speak that can show me the finer points of detecting. And no,, I do not know the model or maker yet!! hehhehheh

So if anyone cares to get together,,and is within an hour or so of Harrisburg. give me a shout.

Thanks again for this thread in particular. This whole topic is how I actually found this forum

Fred

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I am probably around 35 minutes away from you, south of Dillsburg.

thomcrai

Oct 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone been out to the spot? Is on private or state land, I think I am up for a little adventure.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A straggling Indian, who was passing up the Susquehanna, had told of buried treasure. Joseph, hearing of this, hunted up the Indian, and induced him to reveal the place where it was buried. The Indian told him that a point, a certain number of paces due north from the highest point of Turkey Hill, on the opposite side of the Susquehanna River, was the place. Joseph now looked about for some man of means to engage in the enterprise. He induced a well-to-do farmer by the name of Harper, of Harpersville, N. Y., to go in with him".

More Info Here

Smith History Vault: Blackman's 1873 History of Susquehanna Co. (excerpts)
=======================================================
Hey Jeff,,
After reading what was available in the link you provided (which I IMMENSLEY enjoyed), it sure does paint a dark image of the man "Joe Smith" eh?

JudyCarley

Nov 24, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, if anyone is left on this very old thread... I was searching for information, and this thread popped up first in the results.

Wondering if anyone heard of Spanish Treasure being buried somewhere along the banks of the Susquehanna River?

About 20 years ago I sold an 1800s handwritten diary of a Mormon explorer who had been camping along the Susquehanna River, looking for a supposed treasure that the Spanish buried. I wish I'd been interested in history instead of money back then, because although I sold it on commission for someone, I should've taken detailed pics of it before shipping it. The writer believed that the Spanish were being chased, and went from the Atlantic, as far as they could before transferring the treasure to a smaller ship that they supposedly maneuvered all the way up the Susquehanna until getting to an area too shallow for even the smaller boat, and then burying it near the riverbank.

The whole lot of Mormon stuff made the owner THOUSANDS!! This diary went for around 500$ if I recall, and a one of a kind hand written map went for more than $1000! Her husband was big in the church and they were going through a divorce. He had been collecting anti-mormonism writings and had the diary, others written by wives that escaped. An interesting autobiography by John Doyle Lee as he awaited trial for the Mount Meadows Massacre, something he claimed the Mormon elite made him do.

Now that I am older, and in love with things such as Forrest Fenn's treasure and Oak Island, I wish I'd gotten a copy to share with you real BOTG people.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, if anyone is left on this very old thread... I was searching for information, and this thread popped up first in the results.

Wondering if anyone heard of Spanish Treasure being buried somewhere along the banks of the Susquehanna River?

About 20 years ago I sold an 1800s handwritten diary of a Mormon explorer who had been camping along the Susquehanna River, looking for a supposed treasure that the Spanish buried. I wish I'd been interested in history instead of money back then, because although I sold it on commission for someone, I should've taken detailed pics of it before shipping it. The writer believed that the Spanish were being chased, and went from the Atlantic, as far as they could before transferring the treasure to a smaller ship that they supposedly maneuvered all the way up the Susquehanna until getting to an area too shallow for even the smaller boat, and then burying it near the riverbank.

The whole lot of Mormon stuff made the owner THOUSANDS!! This diary went for around 500$ if I recall, and a one of a kind hand written map went for more than $1000! Her husband was big in the church and they were going through a divorce. He had been collecting anti-mormonism writings and had the diary, others written by wives that escaped. An interesting autobiography by John Doyle Lee as he awaited trial for the Mount Meadows Massacre, something he claimed the Mormon elite made him do.

Now that I am older, and in love with things such as Forrest Fenn's treasure and Oak Island, I wish I'd gotten a copy to share with you real BOTG people.

Sounds Familiar, Don't Quote me on it, I may be mixing 2 stories. One of Ancient Stonework along Harrisburg, & A the other, a mormon Treasure Map of Gold.
But I Think it was around Harrisburg, & Somewhere on TreasurENet is a Link posted
to The Diary pages.

Pretty sure it was Mormon's anyway :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spanish Hill is in South Waverly, PA But not sure Momons got anything to do with that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread