Swamp Gold

K

Kentucky Kache

KK do you know anything about Swamp Gold? Do you know the blockade runners Captains name? Do you know what year it occurred? Do you know what state it occurred? Im just curious. No cheating. You have 2 minutes to answer.

You can't follow a thought, can you? Pitiful.
If you care about keeping down trouble, as you claim, then go delete that comment, AND DON'T MAKE ANY MORE, ABOUT ANYBODY.
If you DON'T care, then continue as you are, but STOP ACCUSING OTHERS OF WHAT YOU ARE GUILTY OF.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You can't follow a thought, can you? Pitiful.
If you care about keeping down trouble, as you claim, then go delete that comment, AND DON'T MAKE ANY MORE, ABOUT ANYBODY.
If you DON'T care, then continue as you are, but STOP ACCUSING OTHERS OF WHAT YOU ARE GUILTY OF.
Thats what I thought. You are more interesting in arguing. You havent the slightest clue what state the legend is in do you? You had 7 minutes.

Im not a bad guy KK Im easygoing but I dont put up with bulshit. My comment appears to be true.

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

Thats what I thought. You are more interesting in arguing. You havent the slightest clue what state the legend is in do you?

When we had trouble before, on this thread, you asked me to delete my posts. I did. Now I'm asking you to go to that thread of BDD and delete your trouble making post, and I'll delete mine that pertains to it. Are you about keeping down trouble? Really?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
When we had trouble before, on this thread, you asked me to delete my posts. I did. Now I'm asking you to go to that thread of BDD and delete your trouble making post, and I'll delete mine that pertains to it. Are you about keeping down trouble? Really?
KK you refused to delete your clutter from my thread when I asked you way back. If you want to delete it now great. I need to get some sleep now.

K

Kentucky Kache

KK you refused to delete your clutter from my thread when I asked you way back. If you want to delete it now great. I need to get some sleep now.

That's not true and you know it. I did delete them. Now you're showing us that your not only a trouble maker, but a dishonest one, as well. Okay, the choice is yours to make.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That's not true and you know it. I did delete them. Now you're showing us that your not only a trouble maker, but a dishonest one, as well. Okay, the choice is yours to make.
This a continuing problem with you. I have to repeat myself several times and you still dont get it. You very reluctantly deleted some posts from BDDs thread. Remember? You still refuse to speak with BDD after his request for you to delete.

Well anyway I see you havent deleted anything here. Sure I will delete anything that offended you. Im a man of my word.

The deal is this: You delete every post here on my Swamp Gold thread and I will delete anything referring to you or my conversation with you. Dont take too long to decide because I will only have internet for another hour at most. If you miss me, Ill be back in town next week. Maybe Ill check back later.

FYI KK the Swamp Gold legend occurs in the Everglades which is in Florida. Im a bit surprised you didnt even know that. Its proof positive you have nothing to add to this thread but clutter. Hey there is nothing wrong with that but I dont like it on my thread. This thread is for research not bickering or killing time because you have nothing to do. Delete whenever you are ready. Delete them ALL please because most of them have no value.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If arguing and insults don't stop right now this thread gets locked. Can't get much clearer than that....

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigdogdad said:
nickmarch-I contacted a GPR company and the guy told me it would not work below the water table. Would saltwater be different from freshwater?

What I posted works with water. It locates water. It is not gpr it is gpl. Read the info at the link I posted!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ends NOW!

Any post below my post better be by rules. No more attacks or broken rules...

This is a reset, leave everything above my post out of it. Those who continue with arguments, attacks or breaks rules will be deleted and or earn timeouts.

Everything above this post leave it alone. I see I'm only one in thread at moment too.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The 1940s newsclipping says that the information on the gold shipment came from a local historic society. All the original treasure hunters lived in Davie as far as I remember. Its possible that the missing link we so desperately seek resides at the historical society in Davie, Florida.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I am sure bickering or alleged bickering turns readers off so Im glad its over.

There is a lot written about treasure off Alligator Alley. There may actually be two different caches. There is a member named Mindspark if someone wants to search back that may have some answers. Maybe the best way to find answers at this point is to dig. I dont want to mention names but there is only one person that is determined enough to get it done. I have decided to support anyone that tries as hard as he does.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
BCH,you may have found an archaeological site!
The wall appears to be of tabby construction-a mixture of sand,water,and lime used to bind with oyster shells.Tabby,a Spanish word for mud wall,was first developed in 16th century Spain,and used by early Spanish and British colonists for houses and walls in the coastal US.In Florida and Georgia Spanish Moss was used to caulk the walls.
Examples still standing can be found in Charleston,SC,St Augustine and Fort Meyers.
The boxes-can you determine the wood and metal?That would provide a basic date to work from.
Leaving everything insitu was the right thing to do,but I expected no less from you.
Please do not reveal the sites location,far too many historical sites of Florida have been lost.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The wall or foundation may be old but the boxes appear to have modern nails. The tack nails are not square shanked as I would expect something that old. The boxes appear to be empty. There are at least 2 and they are identical. The metal appears to be hand fashioned and tacked on to the wood. The metal looks galvanized. I wonder what they are?

It appears to be a mixed site. How old is zinc coated steel?

I think the rock is tabby like you said.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabby_(cement)

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wall or foundation may be old but the boxes appear to have modern nails. The tack nails are not square shanked as I would expect something that old. The boxes appear to be empty. There are at least 2 and they are identical. The metal appears to be hand fashioned and tacked on to the wood. The metal looks galvanized. I wonder what they are?

I think the rock is tabby like you said.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabby_(cement)
Galvanized steel has been around since the mid 1800's. They look crudely fashioned and hand made. For what, I don't know. Is there a metal cap at both ends or just the one end? That wood almost looks like cypress or cedar, hard to tell from a photo though. I know what I would be doing out there.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Im not sure but they seem to have metal on one end as if one end is open or maybe thats how they opened them. Yes they are very crudely fashioned. The wood just fell apart when I touched it and Im not sure what kind of wood but its not plywood... I didnt have a magnet with me but they appear to be galvanized steel. I took a close look at the nails and they were not square shank.

I didnt take or move anything but its interesting how the rocks are all in a perfect line as if it was manmade for some reason. There also appears to be a pit lined with these rocks thats filled in. Maybe an old cistern or septic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

My avatar bigcypresshunter was chosen because I have deer hunted the Big Cypress area all my life. I have never treasure hunted anywhere the BCNP or ENP. I am however very much interested in studying, recording and preserving the vanishing history of the area, rediscovering old forts, Indian trails, overgrown logging trams etc. and I dont think there is any law against that. If I were to stumble upon an archaeological site, I would not disturb anything.

The Confederate gold story intrigued me ever since I read it at the library as a child and I started this thread in 2005 for research purposes. The conversations have gotten out of hand, possibly even misunderstood as illegal or perceived illegal activity. Believe me I have no intentions of breaking any law or condoning such and I support those who fight to preserve the Everglades and enforce the laws.

BDD has permission from the tribe to further pursue the matter on Indian lands and I hope he is successful.. Myself, I have no idea if the Swamp Gold legend is even true.

I hope everyone has a beautiful holiday weekend. Myself, I need to get back to work.

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
BCH-I hope you are enjoying your new life and job. It sounds like you may be where you want to be and are able to enjoy the simple things. I will be turning 57 next month so I think we are about the same age. I am a veteran but like a lot of people will be working on Veteran's day as I have bills to pay. We have to try to enjoy life when we can.

I am not sure when (not if) I will be on the dig with the Miccosukee's but I hope it is in the very near future. I think they are waiting for me to make the next move. I have met new people thru TN that have equipment and technology that I don't have access to. Treasure hunting is not hard to do. Treasure finding is a lot harder. Over the years the treasures have continued to be dug up. I think there is still plenty to be found but the easy ones are for the most part gone. Modern technology is the key. The treasures are deeper than most people think.

I am hoping to start a new chapter in my life. I am young at heart. I have kept my dream of finding buried treasures alive. I have found many small things but not what I would call a real treasure. The "Swamp Gold" legend at the start of this thread may very well exist. The problem is it could be buried under a road or building and may never be found. Sometimes in the pursuit of one treasure you may find another. You have to start somewhere and cannot be afraid of digging an empty hole.

BCH-Never give up on your dreams. As long as you keep trying things have a way of working out. When it is time for me to try to dig up the treasure near Alligator Alley you may get a call or PM from me. We have had our differences but that is to be expected. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget the paper money because it is all rotten by now. Go for the gold. I am old enough to be Bigdogdad Daddy. Good luck to both of you.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

There was settlement activity during the 1870's in the Everglades.Tabby foundations would extend above ground to accommodate wood floor joists.Galvanized sheet metal was employed as a termite shield where wood met the tabby foundation.
In the book,"THE KILLING OF MR. WATSON",it was mentioned that Watson had built a cistern constructed of tabby.As an extra note,Charles Greenleigh McKinney served in Mornelin's CSA COW CALVARY at Fort Meade,was involved in the Watson incident,died Oct 16,1926 in Everglades City,..and his daughter ,Lilly,married Charles Christopher Johnson,who Mel Fisher consulted concerning Florida treasure locations.
Is there a connection to your site?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread