Swamp Gold

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rebel-KGC-I don't know how much of this thread you have read but I seem to be the only one on here that knows about "Cloud Mountain". Not only that but I also think I know the EXACT location of the gold. We are working on it is all I will say. I have known about it for about 23 years. All the information that keeps popping up just makes me more convinced that I am right.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel-KGC-I don't know how much of this thread you have read but I seem to be the only one on here that knows about "Cloud Mountain". Not only that but I also think I know the EXACT location of the gold. We are working on it is all I will say. I have known about it for about 23 years. All the information that keeps popping up just makes me more convinced that I am right.

I have read ALL of it; was in Tampa Bay area (Bradenton), years ago; know some CONFEDERATE WAR history in Fl; and about the Native ppl. You ARE probably correct about Cloud Mountain. I am ONLY interested in the native ppl & REBELS, who became "GLADESMEN" & families. THEY were able to "live off the land", being self-reliant/self-sufficent... building "ghost villages" & "lost" communities in the "Glades". you have about 6 "REZS", and I am ONLY looking at the CSA/Native Ppl "connections", DEEP in the "Glades". Good Luck to you... HH!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I am ONLY interested in the native ppl & REBELS, who became "GLADESMEN" & families. THEY were able to "live off the land", being self-reliant/self-sufficent... building "ghost villages" & "lost" communities in the "Glades".
You would have loved the old GATOR HOOK BAR out from Monroe Station!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Where is Cloud Mountain? THAT is where I would look...
Cloud formations over the Everglades have always been refered to as "CLOUD MOUNTAINS"
An old cracker saying was,"You will find gold under a cloud mountain".
There are many cloud mountains in the Everglades,and they change shape and location daily.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dang ECS. I was chasing a cloud mountain the other day and every time I thought I was getting close it just seemed farther away. Ah, but one didn't. I will repeat what I have already put on here before for the people that just switched to this channel.

My old dowser friend Ovid led me and two other guys to a spot on Alligator Alley. I was driving my van and Ovid was in the passenger seat. The other two guys were skeptics and were along for the ride. Ovid led us to a location. He pointed to a spot where he said he thinks 1000 pounds of gold is buried. A person who happened to be at this area came by. I asked him the history of it and one of the things he said was that it went by the name "Cloud Mountain". Not the area, the spot where Ovid pointed. Now what do you think, the old saying is "You will find gold under a cloud mountain". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to think there may be a connection.

There is much more to this location and story. It does not matter what the critics think. A member of the Miccosukee tribe read this thread, contacted me and we are in the process of finding out what is at the bottom of "Cloud Mountain".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Dang ECS. I was chasing a cloud mountain the other day and every time I thought I was getting close it just seemed farther away. Ah, but one didn't. I will repeat what I have already put on here before for the people that just switched to this channel.

My old dowser friend Ovid led me and two other guys to a spot on Alligator Alley. I was driving my van and Ovid was in the passenger seat. The other two guys were skeptics and were along for the ride. Ovid led us to a location. He pointed to a spot where he said he thinks 1000 pounds of gold is buried. A person who happened to be at this area came by. I asked him the history of it and one of the things he said was that it went by the name "Cloud Mountain". Not the area, the spot where Ovid pointed. Now what do you think, the old saying is "You will find gold under a cloud mountain". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to think there may be a connection.

There is much more to this location and story. It does not matter what the critics think. A member of the Miccosukee tribe read this thread, contacted me and we are in the process of finding out what is at the bottom of "Cloud Mountain".

THAT is what I am "talking" about... I KNOW Fl. has NO mountains; been there. LOTS of "symbolism" in the "slang" down there and in a sense, the islands of the "Glades" reminds me of the "lost" mountain communities, up here... you can see the OLD roads when the leaves are down. SO! Keep checking the "Ovid connection"... on THEIR land. Seminole "Confederacy" of REZS/Tribes reminds me of our POWHATAN Confederacy, with 2 Rezs in Va. AND! Two isolated settlements of the Monacan Nation and Buffalo Ridge Cherokee Nation, today.

Last edited:

salvage diver

Feb 11, 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites-DFX & Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigdogdad said:
One of the places where I took my friend Ovid to was Ft. Meade. This was around 23-24 years ago. He had been there many years ago with an old man named the "Duke of Pahokee". While dowsing for gold they located a wooden ammo box that was hung up in some roots of a tree overhanging the Peace river. The river had eroded the tree roots and exposed the box. Ovid knew the gold would be too heavy and against Ovid's wishes the Duke yanked on it and it fell into the river. This was during the rainy season and the river was up. They never went back.

I took Ovid there and was able to get back to the spot. The river was up. I stripped down and went into the water. I found nothing of value. I have now been back a few times. It is a very interesting area. I have had a couple of dowsers do some photos and they have said there is gold still there. The river bottom is full of junk. I tried a detector but did not have the time or patience to do a proper search. I do not know the location of the old fort but I have a feeling it is close by. The whole area has the "feel" of treasure.

I would be willing to work with someone on this. It has to be someone I trust as I will be willing to show you the location of where the box went into the river. The odds are that it may have been found before it totally rotted away. I do think some of the coins are still there. Anyone interested and qualified can PM me. I live about 40 minutes from this site. You can get a permit to search for fossils and the river is known to have sharks teeth, so hunting would be allowed.

I am now going to work with an electronic expert on the Alligator Alley site. Years before on his own he had already determined the approximate location of the gold. He was not able to get anyone within the tribe to work with him. From what he has told me it will be in either the exact location Ovid said or no more than a stones throw. Of course I have not told him the exact spot. It should get interesting real soon.

Contact me I am interested.
251-623-9115
Or PM Salvagediver.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
BCH,you may find this report entry of interest:
CSA Capt John T Lesley,Fort Meade-(John L)"Whidden known as Cutthroat John and his brother William Whidden with another man did desert the company at Fort Meade when the company was ordered to the BIG CYPRESS".
Yes it is interesting. The Whiddens have a hunt camp in the Big Cypress. I will speak to them when I see them.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and CSA Capt John T Lesley helped Judah P Benjamin at Gamble Plantation secure a schooner to escape to the Bahamas.Benjamin had a portion of the remaining Confederate treasury.So many pieces to the puzzle.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
...and CSA Capt John T Lesley helped Judah P Benjamin at Gamble Plantation secure a schooner to escape to the Bahamas.Benjamin had a portion of the remaining Confederate treasury.So many pieces to the puzzle.
Yes, a web of mystery...CSA treasury, Cow Cavalry, blockade runners, Indians, swamps, deserters, war, gold, human bones and possible greed and murder. Its all part of an untold Florida history.

Im at McDs and I keep losing connection.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it is slowly being revealed on this thread,piece by piece,its putting it all together thats difficult.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I don't think this exact article has been posted yet- Reading Eagle - Google News Archive Search

Notice William Hill is "William Gill" from post 1183. And it says nothing about a Confederate encampment just an entire abandoned village.

EDIT- I just found this article that was posted by "signal" on reply #616, it does mention Confederates-
The Evening Independent - Google News Archive Search
I like how it mentions it's going to take at least 2 days to penetrate the thick tangle of vines, sawgrass and underbrush.
"hand-wrought nails of copper and bronze' is interesting.
It took 2 days because Alligator Alley was not yet built and yes I also noticed 10 miles west of 27 (most likely old Andytown)would place it much further east than most sources.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Is it Mindspark? He made a deal with the Indians but was afraid he would end up gator bait if he ever found anything... so he bailed out. Times have changed lol....

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If it has,BDD,please share the history,dates,and the names of those who took part in the incident.
Without that,nothing has been put together.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We will dig up the treasure. At this point it does not matter where the gold came from as long as it is there. Keep reading all the old books, magazines, newspaper articles, comic books, etc you want to. While you are doing that I am out in the real world attempting to dig up treasure.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Just what I expected from you-nothing to back up what you claim,as usual.
...but you know the gold is there,because...LOL!!!

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I would like to know what they meant by "the last Confederate encampment".What Confederates?Rebel-Kgc mentioned John Jumper's CSA detachment that fought with Stand Watie in Texas,was this his last encampment before returning to the Everglades?Could it have been an encampment of Confederate deserters,"Yellownecks",who raided all in their path and hid in the Everglades?Could it be the gold shipment of 1/2 ton of gold that BDD believes at a Cloud Mountain is the last encampment?
Or could it be a embellished account of LG Harvey and company finds by overzealous reporters in the 1940's?
"Last Confederate encampment",what does that mean?
Jumper is an Indian name. Here is where the Poinciana trees are mentioned. The Evening Independent - Google News Archive Search

I dont know why they say its a Confederate encampment. They found some supposedly CSA items but I think they had other reasons to believe this was their last encampment. I think they were following a trail. If true, the Confederates did not stay long because Lanier was killed a few weeks later. Mindspark says the village already existed prior to the Confederate detachments arrival and the inhabitants helped the Confederates.

Popups keep telling me others are logged in to my computer. All I know is its very very slow and I cant stay. Ill see if the Whiddens are related.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions