thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
So if one posts in this thread, it will start another chain reaction of posts, thereby spreading more confussion on the internet? :tard:

P

pippinwhitepaws

well, this morning, i believe any intelligent response in this thread is pushing the envelope. ::)

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
thrillathahunt said:
Bird flu
Swine flu

Could it be that human contamination by these viruses most likely occured in the sloppy handling/killing of said creatures? I wonder if this is why the Hebrews were fobidden to eat these creatures that were said to be "unclean"?

Just a thought that crossed my ever-wandering mind.

The Jewish prohibition to eat swine was predicated on the animals digestive system. What a pig eats to day is meat in as little as 12 hours of digestion. While for instance a Steer can eat some thing today and it takes three days minimum for it to become meat. So the Steer has a much more complex digestive system and therefore more contaminants are removed from what ever the animal eats before it is passed along to humans for consumption.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
The prohibition against eating pork had more to do with the dangers of eating pork in a time of no refrigeration. Also, pigs carry numerous parasites that are transmitted by eating less than fully cooked pork.

All of which is a moot point, as eating pork will not give you swine flu.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Anybody given any thought to the fact that this medical "emergency" that is overtaking the world has been promoted by the news media to the ninetieth-degree could very even remotely possibly related to ... the ... ah ... issue of government-controlled health coverage?

Snakes kill more people per year than this bug that has overtaken the media worldwide.

Noodle

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
Check out the link it is all a true news report!
The Swine Flu was defused due to an Image of the Virgin Mary appearing on a griddle in Southern California. Mask Mexican wrestlers snuck over the border to witness the miracle, they sent reports back to Mexico and the rise in faith gave rise to the second miracle. The griddle now rests in a shrine inside a closet at the place of business. The population celebrated by kissing pigs showing that they were sorry for blaming them for the virus.
See attached link from MSN
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30508304/

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
texastee2007 said:
Libralabsoldier said:
Eh, Leviticus...

It also says bats are birds and do not wear clothing made of two different fibers.

sorry but that is just not true....."and" separates it....here it is for you to take a second look at.. It is Leviticus 19
it would be like saying cats and dogs and saying that makes them all cats.

19And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

GIve the rest of the preceding verses, where it shows that These are the BIRDS you may not eat.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Not at all....It is something I like to use when people start blathering on about the infallibility of the Bible in relation to young earth creationism.

And yeah, I have a passing nod to Hebrew. Way back when, before some very big philosophical and personal changes, I was in preparation to become a Catholic priest.

The main issue I tend to have with quotations of Leviticus as far as dietary and other lifestyle restrictions go is that it tends to be selectively cherry picked.

After all, most modern Christians will be very quick to tell you that Jesus did away with most of the silly dietary restrictions and other legalistic rigamarole of the Old Testament.

To get WAY back to the original point: Swine flu is a misnomer, as is most "common" uses of different medical terms.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swine flu is one of the least of our problems. Medical malpractice causes way more deaths than flu.
The statistics are staggering: every year, over 90,000 deaths occur due to medical malpractice alone.

*Medical Malpractice

*Medical malpractice is a term that refers to any medical mistake made by a doctor, or other medical professional, that leads to personal injury or wrongful death. Medical malpractice can be the result of negligence on the part of the doctor, nurse, hospital, or other medical staff.

Way to go so called medical professionals. No wonder our health care insurance is so high.

And that doesn't even take into account the non lethal injuries and mutilations occurring from wrong patient operations
wrongful amputations and too numerous to name other mistakes.

Accordingly, an estimated 98,000 Americans die each year due to preventable medical errors (including 7,000 deaths caused by medication errors).

GG~

http://www.lawyershop.com/practice-areas/personal-injury/wrongful-death/statistics/

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Show me where those statistics come from. Because there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Much of what gets blamed on as being "medical mistakes" except for the egregious stuff like the wrong limb being amputated are patients overdosing themselves, or people doing things outside their scope of practice.

Medical insurance is expensive thanks to medical issurance companies and their lobbyists, not health care practitioners.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Libralabsoldier said:
Show me where those statistics come from. Because there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Much of what gets blamed on as being "medical mistakes" except for the egregious stuff like the wrong limb being amputated are patients overdosing themselves, or people doing things outside their scope of practice.

Medical insurance is expensive thanks to medical issurance companies and their lobbyists, not health care practitioners.

Swine flu is one of the least of our problems. Medical malpractice causes way more deaths than flu.
The statistics are staggering: every year, over 90,000 deaths occur due to medical malpractice alone.

*Medical Malpractice

*Medical malpractice is a term that refers to any medical mistake made by a doctor, or other medical professional, that leads to personal injury or wrongful death. Medical malpractice can be the result of negligence on the part of the doctor, nurse, hospital, or other medical staff.

And that doesn't even take into account the non lethal injuries and mutilations occurring from wrong patient operations and wrongful amputations and other mistakes too numerous to name.

Accordingly, an estimated 98,000 Americans die each year due to preventable medical errors (including 7,000 deaths caused by medication errors).

http://www.lawyershop.com/practice-areas/personal-injury/wrongful-death/statistics/

GG~

If you don't like the statistics sue the lawyer for misrepresentation then.

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I think we're talking about the potential here for many more than 100k deaths in one year...

And that 98k you mentioned is 'just' a different problem.

I for one, think the border should be closed if they feel there is something to this.

We 'just' need to have confidence in them to make the call on our behalf!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread