Swing Shift Hunt Nets 275 Year Old SILVER!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been putting in some long hours at work so I haven't been hunting as much as I would like. Working a swing shift today so I had 6 hours between shifts so I brought my detector with me and went hunting on one of my old stomping grounds. This is the same site that I recently found the silver spoon and silver ring. It's also a site that I would have considered hunted out because it is very close to where I used to live and I hunted it a lot! Since I've moved I haven't hunted it in the past couple years so the plough has done it's job a few times since my last hunts. First couple finds were the flatware...the spoon is engraved as was the silver spoon I found on my last trip out. In fact, years ago I found another silver spoon with the same engraved initials. The majority of the targets on this site are mid to late 1800s but I have found a couple decent KGII coppers here and a nice complete shoe buckle so I know that there is an older site under the newer stuff. Confirmed that today with the 1738 1 reale! I knew it was something better than a Victorian dime when I pulled it out because of the size. I stayed cool and did not wipe the dirt off (even though I was dying to know what it was) until I got back to work. Pretty happy with this...it's the first Spanish I've found in this style (without the monarch) that isn't a cob. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• photo6.JPG
    photo6.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 174
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 179
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 192
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 182
Upvote 15

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good coin, and a couple decent buttons to go with.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There must still be a lot of nice stuff there.Congrats.Good luck and enjoy your hunt.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
275... seems just like yesterday doesn't it.

I might be on the trail tomorrow and one of those I would call success!

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Congradulaton on the 275 year old coin. I am in the United Stares and the oldest I found this month is a 1775 1/2 Mexico Real. I need to get a better picture. Enclosed is pictures of 2 other coins found on the Beach 005.JPG 006.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 007.JPG

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sweet silver. :notworthy: I hope my next silver coin is half as good as that one. Congrats! :thumbsup:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Super nice old silver!

Just goes to show ya that the plough is indeed a very good friend when it comes to getting some more finds at the right angles and able to be detected. It's a new game on some sites after the ground has been turned. Life is breathed back into old sites every time the dirt flies!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find.. I know how you feel about the swing shift.. I deal with it too.. But it gives me some decent time to hunt... Thanks for sharing.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic silver, and those buttons are in incredible condition. You have a good field there Romeo that's for sure.:notworthy:
ZDD

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic silver, and those buttons are in incredible condition. You have a good field there Romeo that's for sure.:notworthy:
ZDD

It's a huge site...really spread out...it should really be hunted by at least three people...hmmmmm...

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another sweet silver! You just never know what the plow is going to bring up!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a huge site...really spread out...it should really be hunted by at least three people...hmmmmm...
Three people...who in the heck could they be. actually the spots we were on could "handle" three easily too, and I don't think the guy would mind a bit, he was so happy when we (Dave) found his 200 dollar chain, we could have had his first born.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, if you really need someone I guess I could get in my truck and start driving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread