Swing Shift Hunt Nets 275 Year Old SILVER!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been putting in some long hours at work so I haven't been hunting as much as I would like. Working a swing shift today so I had 6 hours between shifts so I brought my detector with me and went hunting on one of my old stomping grounds. This is the same site that I recently found the silver spoon and silver ring. It's also a site that I would have considered hunted out because it is very close to where I used to live and I hunted it a lot! Since I've moved I haven't hunted it in the past couple years so the plough has done it's job a few times since my last hunts. First couple finds were the flatware...the spoon is engraved as was the silver spoon I found on my last trip out. In fact, years ago I found another silver spoon with the same engraved initials. The majority of the targets on this site are mid to late 1800s but I have found a couple decent KGII coppers here and a nice complete shoe buckle so I know that there is an older site under the newer stuff. Confirmed that today with the 1738 1 reale! I knew it was something better than a Victorian dime when I pulled it out because of the size. I stayed cool and did not wipe the dirt off (even though I was dying to know what it was) until I got back to work. Pretty happy with this...it's the first Spanish I've found in this style (without the monarch) that isn't a cob. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• photo6.JPG
    photo6.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 175
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 180
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 193
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 15

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
WONDERFUL SPANISH SILVER! :wav: Kind of the farmer to plough that field for you de vez en cuando, lol. Andi

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great silver romeo...missed this post, out camping...those spanish are a treat...I can't wait I've been on a silver slump for some time now....
Congrats

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET, old Spanish silver there! Beats my earliest spanish by 2 years! I like the pipe stem marked SCOTLAND too.

Cheers,

Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread