Not open for further replies.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to bring this up, BUT, when I was doing some reading on New Ross a couple of years ago and the "castle" there, I came across some of Joan's claims, along with the then current claims about "the well". I could see where it could be speculated that there was something there. In fact there was. I had also found that there had been a blacksmith there in the early settlement of the area. I didn't save a copy of what I found, as I was at that point willing to dismiss the findings that Joan had made as being something that someone wanted to see, and truly believed that it was there, but wasn't. I know people that came after following her work believed in the "castle" theory, and wanted to find things there as well. I will try to find this information about the blacksmith shop there again, and I will post what I find. I'm sorry I don't have it now, and I know what it looks like, but I will try to back this up with proof when I find it. Because the Blacksmith needs to be ruled out before I can move further back in history to try to speculate on anything else. Till then, Happy Hunting to everyone and good luck!

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cbgoldsmithshop.jpg
Hate to bring this up, BUT, when I was doing some reading on New Ross a couple of years ago and the "castle" there, I came across some of Joan's claims, along with the then current claims about "the well". I could see where it could be speculated that there was something there. In fact there was. I had also found that there had been a blacksmith there in the early settlement of the area. I didn't save a copy of what I found, as I was at that point willing to dismiss the findings that Joan had made as being something that someone wanted to see, and truly believed that it was there, but wasn't. I know people that came after following her work believed in the "castle" theory, and wanted to find things there as well. I will try to find this information about the blacksmith shop there again, and I will post what I find. I'm sorry I don't have it now, and I know what it looks like, but I will try to back this up with proof when I find it. Because the Blacksmith needs to be ruled out before I can move further back in history to try to speculate on anything else. Till then, Happy Hunting to everyone and good luck!
The blacksmith shop was way back in the upper yard I think, the gold smith shop was just behind Joans house. I have pictures of the gold smith shop I can post.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've got a lot of old blacksmith's shops around here. Some date back to colonial times....but no one has ever located Templar Vaults and graves around them as you have claimed to.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That particular painting by David Teniers the younger, which I first provided a link to when I joined this forum, IMHO, gives the exact location of the Templar treasure near Annapolis Basin. A site I visited btw. The subliminal great white horse looming above and behind the Saint identifies it as the correct version. This was one of two works referred to in the Shepherdess parchment from Rennes le Chateau. The other by Poussin simply points to Acadia, as does the reversed copy at Shugborough.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
In 1985, archaeologists, Charles Lindsay and Birgitta Wallace, visited Joan Harris at her site and found nothing to indicate that the site was visited before the 19th century. They interviewed Joan,(B. Wallace, personal interview, October 30, 2011; Parks Canada memo 1985) and determined that further excavation was not needed.

This is a interpertation from a paper written by Vanessa Smith for St. Mary's University with references cited.

See link below
Saint Mary's University |

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1985, archaeologists, Charles Lindsay and Birgitta Wallace, visited Joan Harris at her site and found nothing to indicate that the site was visited before the 19th century. They interviewed Joan,(B. Wallace, personal interview, October 30, 2011; Parks Canada memo 1985) and determined that further excavation was not needed.

This is a interpertation from a paper written by Vanessa Smith for St. Mary's University with references cited.

See link below

Great reading, thank you. That is exactly my findings as well. No templars at New Ross. The Templars went through the Great Lakes to Minnesota and on in to the New Mexico Territory.

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hitchens's razor is an epistemological razor asserting that the burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim; if this burden is not met, the claim is unfounded and its opponents need not argue further in order to dismiss it.

It is named, echoing Occam's razor, for the journalist and writer Christopher Hitchens, who, in a 2003 Slate article, formulated it thus: "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

See link below

Well ... fall 2011 winner social science ... will see next year winner ...

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have always tried to subscribe to the idea that before you can prove what something is, you must first prove what it's not. Have we proven that there was a blacksmith shop? No. All we have done is show that someone can write something and post them for discussion. Have we proven there is a castle there? No. So, whom ever has access to the property needs to get started providing real tangible evidence of a pre 1800's habitation. I'm moving on to further try to find information or evidence of the area before Capt. Ross and the land grants were issued..

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get Ready , spring is getting closer everyday:hello2:

Last edited:

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I for one would love to prove the existence of Templer knights there if only to show that sometimes big money gets it wrong. I fully support FinderKeeper when he says that you can't show all your evidence. We must always keep things close to the vest when dealing with something like this. It just sometimes takes that one thing to put all the pieces together. [emoji106]

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
In a few months we will see who will be eating CROW :laughing7: . The big boys make mistakes to that's why they will not accept our findings it will make St. Mary's University and Heritage look so bad when they should know it all. Its their job and they get paid to know the history and get it right .

I can totally accept that problems will come up with government agencies due to sluggishness, incompetence, or "organizational reactionaries," for lack of a better term. I do not accept that they're actively locking down historic sites. I don't think that academia is either. Government assassins did not clean up L'Anse aux Meadows. The Mounties didn't break up later discoveries of Norse settlements in Canada. The CIA didn't send Blackwater to stop excavations of the Eastern and Western Settlements in Greenland. The UN has not authorized drone strikes on Gobekli Tepe. These are all game changers. History books must be rewritten because of them, but there was never any suppression.

In the latter case, the archies are not pissed off that they were so wrong. They're actually getting fired up over it. They want to know how wrong they were. It's what's driving the project now. Dealing with the government can be a motherf-er, but they're probably not out to get you. They're just a motherf-er to deal with. That clerk you're dealing with? They don't hate you. They hate the person that they're working for, and that person is a motherf-er to deal with. You'll find what you find, and you won't find what's not there, but I don't think that academia is out to get you. They may just be providing an objective filter for your work.

I have always tried to subscribe to the idea that before you can prove what something is, you must first prove what it's not. Have we proven that there was a blacksmith shop? No. All we have done is show that someone can write something and post them for discussion. Have we proven there is a castle there? No. So, whom ever has access to the property needs to get started providing real tangible evidence of a pre 1800's habitation. I'm moving on to further try to find information or evidence of the area before Capt. Ross and the land grants were issued..

The problem with Joan is that she went in with expectations. She even talked about this in her book. This is a guaranteed way to wind up with bias confirmation, and that appears to be the case with that. Some reading about Norse fortifications in the Middle Ages (or a brief chat with an expert in the field) would have convinced her that her ruins (if they were ruins) were not those sort of ruins.

Hay Frank good job, So you have proof that the Templars did make it to New Mexico and you can show us your proof. Or are you a LOOSER or a Wantabe that makes fun of other peoples work then post info that you know more about the Templars than anyone. I was just talking about treasure hunters that do this and you had to post your great find :laughing7:. So SHOW US THE PROOF LOOSER.

It's admittedly a grammatical issue, but it's annoying nonetheless. A looser is someone that loosens things, but I'm not sure that this is a real word. A loser is someone that loses things. That's a real word. I suspect that you mean the latter.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big boys make mistakes to that's why they will not accept our findings ...

Really? Is that why they won't accept your "findings"? ... or maybe it's because your "findings" are based on dowsing, ley lines, vortex and other nonsense?

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eldo:

The Bayers Lake Mystery Walls are NOT, categorically, NOT in the same design as Rennes Le Chateau if that is what you are implying by your post. I have been to the site at Bayers Lake and have hiked the surrounding area too many times to count and the only resemblance may be stacked stones. Stacked stones are found all over the world. I grew up with a stone wall in my own backyard, put there when my ancestors cleared the stones from the land to make it easier to farm. If there is one thing Nova Scotia has, it is rocky soil in abundance. As a kid, I was convinced the wall in my backyard was a native burial ground and was about to set off one day, shovel in hand, to dig it up, until my father explained to me what the structure was. The structure at Bayers Lake has a definite layout and it obviously had a purpose, which may not be known now, as someone decided to "rebuild" it at some point - no doubt workers on their lunch break who had constructed the nearby eyesore. I'm sorry, it is one thing to speculate, but at some point even I have to cry "foul"

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What we don't want is a repeat of what may and likely were stone ruins at Bluff Point on Keuka Lake in NY. Written about but destroyed before any formal investigation and pre-photography. What is known was recorded and sketched incidentally by a surveyor in the area in 1879. By then much of it had been hauled off to build foundations for local homes (around 1830).

That is a huge loss. No reason to assume who might have constructed other than the Iroquois or precursor, but it sure would have been interesting to see where the evidence led.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Charlie, the Bayers Lake Mystery Walls have been put under the Nova Scotia government's "special places" protection, but unfortunately that has meant nothing other than putting up a sign. It's rather sad really. The area around the site is very interesting and jam packed with history, both recent and quite possibly far older than we presently believe. The vantage point from this structure, to the harbour beyond, is worthy of note. Something was there and not just there, but in the surrounding area as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread